Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,879,621 times

Advertisements

One time, my parents and I walked out of Applebees because the service was horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 PM

18 posts, read 41,372 times
I was accused of not paying a bill at Pizza Inn. I had a family emergency come up and the place was packed. I left a 20 on the table for a 10 bill and left, the waitress took the whole 20 as a tip and said I didn't pay. Luckily the manager knew me and it got settled.

Who would leave a 20 dollar tip on a 10 bill anyway.

Another time I was at Pizza Hut with my girlfriend and her kids. They were so slow that when I went and asked for the bill after an hour and a half they claimed to have lost it. I got a free meal for the wait.
[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 04-30-2011 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Signatures not allowed IAW TOS

Old 04-28-2011, 09:26 PM

839 posts, read 2,418,444 times
No, but I was accused falsely of driving off without paying for my gas once!

That was friggin' embarrassing! This was waaaayyyy back in the day when a lot of gas stations didn't have a pay at the pump feature. People would actually go in and pay after they pumped their gas. Anyway, I went in and payed for my gas and bought a pack of smokes as well. I kept my receipt which I usually didn't.

Once I showed the receipt to the cop who pulled me over the whole matter was resolved pretty quickly....

To this day I press "yes" when the pay at the pump asks if I want a receipt.......

Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 AM

38,940 posts, read 22,943,485 times
Yes, I did, but not on purpose. This happened back in the late 90s when I worked for a large insurance company in the National Sales department as the manager's assistant. All of us in the department had gone to a luncheon offsite to celebrate someone's landmark service anniversary. Some kind of mixup occurred where all the money was collected and my manager was supposed to charge the entire meal on his company credit card. As it turned out, my boss ended up having to leave a little earlier, but the problem was, unbeknownst to me, he took his credit card AND the money to pay for the meal with him! So I had assumed everything was taken care of and the rest of us went back to the office.

About an hour later, I got a call from the restaurant owner kindly informing me that we left without paying the bill! I was very apologetic and promised to have it taken care of immediately. Fortunately, one of the Account Managers (who also had a corporate credit card) paid for the meal (he and I went back to the restaurant) and he got reimbursed later on his expense report, and he and I explained to my manager the next day what had happened. Good thing the restaurant owner was nice about the whole thing!

Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 AM

32,961 posts, read 36,439,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
One time, my parents and I walked out of Applebees because the service was horrible.
No. I don't steal.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:36 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,837,322 times
Yes! After a huuuuge wait, I didn't just walk out without paying though. The service was inexcusable & I let the manager know I was leaving without paying first, they tried to say I couldn't & I basically said watch me & left

Courtney

Old 04-29-2011, 06:16 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,430,760 times
My friends did this to me when I was about 16. They got up and left and expected me to do the same.
I on the other hand Didnt have the nads to just leave and got stuck there looking like an A$$.

They got theirs, the cops came and I sure as heck wasnt getting into trouble with the law..
So I was a Rat and I wasnt sorry I did it either, I never felt so embarassed at any single time in my life since then..
I did pay my share of the bill which the owner of the place refused to take.
He also gave me a job doing dishes after school. (for pay)

Honestly does pay and I had a clear conscience.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,150,553 times
No

Old 04-29-2011, 08:20 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,879,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Yes! After a huuuuge wait, I didn't just walk out without paying though. The service was inexcusable & I let the manager know I was leaving without paying first, they tried to say I couldn't & I basically said watch me & left

Courtney
We waited an hour to be seated and close to an hour for our food. We just left and went to a fast food place lol

Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Never. When I'm standing before St. Peter I'll have enough to answer for. I don't want to have him waving a bill from Bob's Big Boy in my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink