Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,794 times

Advertisements

Yes- one time. I don't want to say name of restaurant, but it was a chain- mainly known for breakfast, although they do serve all day; lunch & dinner as well.

We were with friends on a road trip, stopped for breakfast around 9:30am.
Our server was definitely hung over or very,very tired & not interested in being at work.

Our food took 55 minutes to get out to us, and it was all wrong! All of it. At first we thought they just brought someone else's order to us , but not the case.
When we brought this to the waiters attention, he said " so, do you want something different?". Um yes- what we ordered.
Long story short, we couldn't wait longer, never ate breakfast & handed the check to the MOD as we walked out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 09:27 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
I almost walked out with a friend once, but it was by accident. We were eating at a new place and didn't notice they didn't have a register up front. The waiter handed us the bill but didn't say we had to pay him, so we took it and went out into the lobby where he caught up with us. I handed him the check and that was that. It was kind of embarrassing though.

I've walked out a couple of times before ordering after waiting 15+ minutes for someone to show up and take my order, but never afterward. Once you've ordered it, you should pay for it. It's not like they can serve it to someone else, and if you don't like the food you can always send it back.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Never left without paying, only left with no tip a few times because of waitresses that literally took the order, dropped the food and disappeared never to be seen again. The last time, the waitress was partying with her friends on the outdoor patio and our table never saw her again after we got our food, we even had to go to pick up our bill at the bar after waiting endlessly for it, and also go take the bill back to pay it. The entire table was filled with filthy dishes piled high for a solid hour.

If I have a waitress that disappears as soon as the food is left, I always make sure to flag down different waitresses or the hostess or manager and ask them for drink refills. I figure the more their co workers get bothered to do the job that my guy is being paid for, the more heat they will take from their boss and other servers.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:05 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,288,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
One time, my parents and I walked out of Applebees because the service was horrible.
Yes. This is when restaurants had one side of the place as no smoking and the other as smoking. We asked for non-smoking. No one was in the non-smoking side. Then they seated a whole group of people there in the non-smoking section. Our food came and that group all starts smoking near us!!! I called over the waitress and told them, and she said "I seated them over here, because no one else was in non-smoking". No one, really, we were here! Idiots. I called over the manager to complain, and we didn't finish our meal. I said to him we are very upset by this and told him we were leaving without paying and walked out.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:39 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Only once, sort of, in Bologna, Italy. We'd ordered apps and an entree. The waiter was setting down my wife's antipasto plate and clipped her wine glass, breaking it, getting glass onto the plate and wine everywhere. The waiter proceeds to cut his finger trying to pick up some of the glass. Accidents happen, right? So we just asked to bring another plate - not like anything had to be cooked. However, we were trying to catch a train and didn't have a lot of time to spare.

Well, the new plate comes out a little too quickly and it certainly looks like the same food as before... and now there's blood on the plate from his cut finger, which he's wrapped with a paper towel instead of washing and applying a band aid.

We said we were leaving. The owner came out and tried to argue with us as our entrees were already fired. We paid for my appetizer and left.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I veered over for a coffee in a big Supermarket and walked all the way to my car
not paying!!!

"What is the matter with this picture?" Nothing was in BAGS! Haha...that was 3 months ago.
Went back and paid the $52, of course.
Doy....

Old 10-19-2014, 07:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Only after chewing out a manager for crappy food and or service.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:19 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,763 times
We had (note the word had) a place in town that we really enjoyed. However, the last year it has slowly gone downhill.
Orders would be incorrect, new servers who were kind of clueless about waiting on tables, meat that was over-cooked
(burnt) etc... So about 3 weeks ago we went back and ordered 2 sandwiches. After 20 minutes we asked the waiter
if it would be much longer - he said the kitchen was busy (but we were the only other table that ordered something
off the menu and everyone else was ordering drinks which were prepared by the bartender). After 40 minutes
I told my husband "that's it, we are leaving." When we were walking out a few feet from our table we asked where the
manager was. He was right next to us but said he was off for the day (and there was no other manager available).
As we were half way out the door the server brought the 2 simple sandwiches. We left and that was the first time
ever walking out of a restaurant.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:44 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Like if you ate all of the food, then open your wallet and pay the **** up. If the food really sucks ass, then just have a bite and leave, and write a bad review later. No reason to waste the server's time. If the server is ****, then just pay for the food and ignore the tip

Old 10-20-2014, 05:46 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I was once with a foreign client who was refusing to pay for her meal as she waited an hour for it. The restaurant owner was going to call the police due to her refusal and finally she gave in and paid for her meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink