Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times

Advertisements

My new favorite dessert would have to be those Magnum ice cream bars, more specifically either the double chocolate or the double caramel.

Has anyone tried those Magnum ice cream bars yet? If so, do you have a favorite? I know they're rather expesive, for only 3 to a box but I'll try to practice some restraint

Favorite drink: Snapple - apple or the new 'limited edition' papaya mango.

Favorite snack: Orville's microwave hint of lime popcorn [not sure when this one came out though].

Do you have any new favorites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,486 times
During this time of the year when tomatoes are in abundance I love to eat sliced fresh mozzarella with tomatoes & cucumber. I drizzle balsamic vinaigrette dressing over the top & it's sublime

Courtney

Old 05-18-2011, 11:59 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
During this time of the year when tomatoes are in abundance I love to eat sliced fresh mozzarella with tomatoes & cucumber. I drizzle balsamic vinaigrette dressing over the top & it's sublime

Courtney
You got tomatoes??? I'm so jealous!!! I'm just now planting mine.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:05 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
My new favorite dessert would have to be those Magnum ice cream bars, more specifically either the double chocolate or the double caramel. ~~ THEY are to die for. Oh my!!!

Has anyone tried those Magnum ice cream bars yet? If so, do you have a favorite? I know they're rather expesive, for only 3 to a box but I'll try to practice some restraint ~~ when I get them no one else touches them ~~ NOT even the Gkids.

Favorite drink: Snapple - raspberry or peach.

Favorite snack: Orville's microwave "mega butter" popcorn ~~ it makes it's OWN bowl
Do you have any new favorites?
I also like the Sweet-n-sour Twizzlers. I can polish off a whole package myself over a weekend.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
100 calorie bags of Orville Redenbacher popcorn. I'm addicted, and have to limit myself to one a day.

My tomato plants have lots of blooms, but no fruit yet. Once they do there is nothing better than slicing one up with fresh mozzarella. It's something to look forward to.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
I bought a box of Klondike Oreo Cookie Ice Cream sandwiches last week. They were so good. It was all I could do to walk by the freezer without grabbing one. I moved them to the freezer in the garage, which helped a bit. They still didn't make it but a few days until they were gone. I've tried to avoid the ice cream isle in the grocery store since them, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
My favorite snacks:
1. Dried Mangoes w/o added sugar. Tastes great and keeps my colon clean as a whistle. (Sorry TMI)
2. Bearitos organic popcorn. Somehow it tastes better than microwaved popcorn. My favorite is the cheese flavor, but it has been SO difficult to find them lately.

Generally I like to snack on things that I can eat a lot of. I eat unhealthy snacks occasionally, but I can only eat so much because I get grossed out by excessive grease and chemicals.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,005,078 times
Ice cream Bon-bon's when I can get them...
Dry roasted P-nuts.....
Cherries-fresh dark Lambert's from WA.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
My newest "find" is kale - I have been making the braised kale recipe posted by Emeril and I absolutely love it. My mom only knew how to prepare so many vegetables, so I am discovering a lot of "new" things I didn't know I loved.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:04 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post

Courtney
This was a fave of ours too when we were in Italy but it was fresh mozzarella di bufalo [buffalo cheese]. I've only got it once or twice since returning to the States since it's usually quite expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink