Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can go to Taco Bell, and get whatever I want.
...and then some. ZING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times
Post News, McDonald's Adds Calorie Counts And Maybe Grilled McNuggets To Menu.

If you didn't know that a Big Mac has 550 calories, or the Southwest Chicken Salad has 290, those numbers will be hard to miss the next time you visit McDonald's.

That's because the fast-food giant announced today that it will begin posting calories on its menu boards right above customers heads in the restaurant, and at the drive-thru starting next week.

McDonald's Adds Calorie Counts And Maybe Grilled McNuggets To Menu : The Salt : NPR

Old 09-13-2012, 05:23 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
It's been like that for years in Europe. The calories are listed on all the packaging.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
McDonald's needs Gyros. I would eat a McGyro. I bet they would use hamburgers cut in strips vs. real gyro meat.
Omg, yuk. Nevermind.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
If you didn't know that a Big Mac has 550 calories, or the Southwest Chicken Salad has 290, those numbers will be hard to miss the next time you visit McDonald's.

That's because the fast-food giant announced today that it will begin posting calories on its menu boards right above customers heads in the restaurant, and at the drive-thru starting next week.

McDonald's Adds Calorie Counts And Maybe Grilled McNuggets To Menu : The Salt : NPR
This is a good thing, even though the overwhelming majority of people who choose to eat at McDonalds won't pay one white of attention to it.

One reason it's a good thing, is because it's a market-driven decision - and they're usually much better than some decision based on a handed-down government mandate.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
If I want A Big Mac Meal with a large fry I will get it.
I could care less that the calorie content is listed or not.
I know it's a ton of calories and sodium.

I have a burger and fries from Mc Donalds approx once a month.

This calorie listing mandate attempts to show people who are not engaged in their health how many calories, fats and sodium are contained in a particular Mc Donalds food item.

The very people that this mandate is attempting to reach are the very people who will ignore the data.

For Christ's sake people this is fast food, not Whole Foods!!!
Grilled nuggets??!?!?!? Ummmm no thanks.

Anything grilled comes off my grille in the form of salmon and tilapia along with vegetables and lean meats.
When I go to Mc Donalds or any other fast food restaurant I want a burger, fries, fried chicken, etc. I do not go to to these places for healthy food options.
You cannot force those willfully ignorant into some sort of compliance when the majority of those that eat at fast food restaurants daily do so due to being low income.
If I was low income I would rather be full from fast food than starving from not eating anything at all.

Last edited by julian17033; 09-13-2012 at 08:37 AM..

Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM

709 posts, read 955,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
This calorie listing mandate attempts to show people who are not engaged in their health how many calories, fats and sodium are contained in a particular Mc Donalds food item.
As big George said, it is not a mandate, it is a company decision. Which is the way it should be.
And yes, if I want a Big Mac, I am going to get one. It makes no difference to me if the calories are posted, but to those who need that information, it will be there for them.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
As big George said, it is not a mandate, it is a company decision. Which is the way it should be.
And yes, if I want a Big Mac, I am going to get one. It makes no difference to me if the calories are posted, but to those who need that information, it will be there for them.

Allow me to then correct my original posting to say " Social Mandate " instead of just " mandate ".

Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,070 times
Posting calories has been the law here in California for a bit now .....

I think that it's a great thing - study after study has shown that one of the major issues that people have is they have no idea about what a serving size is or estimating calorie counts.

I dont' eat McD's much. I don't like their food and my daughter has snubbed everything I've offered her from there except the yougurt parfaits (which we split everynow and then)

Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I don't think it matters to people who eat at McDonalds. They wouldn't be there if they wanted to to eat something healthy. Geez. I personally could care less what other people eat--just what I eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink