Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,459,285 times

Advertisements

Hello. I m a Canadian, who swears by Tim Hortons coffee, and their baked goods.

With more Tims in Canada ( 3400 stores across Canada ) than McDonalds locations, you can say that it is a Canadian icon. When the Canadian Forces first went to Afghanistan, in 2003, Tims opened a coffee and baked goods store at the main base, and staffed it with volunteers from Canada, who ran it for the next 9 years. A huge hit, not only with the Canadians, but the US military and other nations as well.

For the last 10 years, Tim Hortons has been expanding into the USA, with about 600 stores now operating, mostly in the Northeast states, but I have seen some in Michigan and Ohio, recently.

Has any one tried their coffee, and if so how did you like it.......

Jim B

Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,159,227 times
I love Tim Hortons. I don't know if you know, but there are several in Buffalo and I used to live there for around six years. I usually get a double double with a plain donut. Love their donuts too. I think I heard somewhere about a year ago that they opened up a few in NYC. They'll span out. I like their coffee better than Dunkin Donuts. I personally hate Starbucks. I like how throughout the year, they'll have that roll the cup thing to see if you can win prizes. I always win free cups of coffee. They're pretty generous about their prizes. When they do that, I usually will win a free coffee atleast one out of every three cups I buy.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,282,201 times
I like Timmy's better than Dunkin Donuts. Not a big fan of DD coffee. I also like St(ch)arbucks, Caribou and Panera coffee. McD's coffee is swill.
Wish they would open Timmy's around Chicago area.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,612,159 times
I've had Tim Horton's coffee and pastries in the US and in Canada. IMO it was fair but nothing special - similar to how I'd rate Dunkin Donuts (on pastry - never had their coffee). I rarely drink coffee and when I do I prefer espresso or a quality regular coffee served strong and black. Beyond that, for me, I don't really notice much difference in quality between most chain store or pre-ground coffees. Most coffee falls into one of two categories for me: styrofoam cup worthy or china cup worthy.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,572,441 times
I've tried it, not particularly fond of it. It is too weak tasting. I do like their pastries and bagels though!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,557,667 times
Horton's coffee is ok - a bit on the weak side. We have 2 Tim Horton's about a mile from my house and they do have a more attractive place to sit while you are eating and drinking your coffee than DD. Horton's sandwiches are pretty good too. My favorite is Dunkin Donut and I'm not a fan of Starbucks.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,459,285 times
A point that many Americans won't know about how fresh the coffee is at Tim Hortons.

EACH pot of coffee that is brewed, has the time that it was brewed, written on the glass pot, with a white grease pencil, and after 20 minutes, it is poured out and a fresh pot is made, so the coffee is all ways fresh.

Jim b

Toronto.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM

741 posts, read 1,680,958 times
Every time that I travel to Michigan I drink lots of Timmy Ho's coffee!!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:10 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,332,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
A point that many Americans won't know about how fresh the coffee is at Tim Hortons.

EACH pot of coffee that is brewed, has the time that it was brewed, written on the glass pot, with a white grease pencil, and after 20 minutes, it is poured out and a fresh pot is made, so the coffee is all ways fresh.

While TH has some really great coffee, their food products in the US are truly some of the most miserable things that you can buy. It is your choice of frozen bagel, frozen donuts or frozen muffins.

My last experience was north of Dayton, OH. While there were two customers in the place on a Sunday morning, the staff was so disorganized that it took 20 minutes to get breakfast.

In Ontario, the service and food are excellent.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 AM

3,878 posts, read 5,302,838 times
Anyone who thinks Tim Hortons brews quality coffee has never had a good cup of coffee in their lives.

That place is disgusting. Don't even try to eat any of their "par baked" goods either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink