Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:48 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

Advertisements

Whiskey Ramen noodles

1. Take a shot of whiskey while you grab a pack of delicious ramen noodles from your ramen stash.
2. Open package of noodles. Carefully remove noodles and flavor packet.
3. While you're filling a pot with enough water to cover the noodles, go ahead and take another shot of whiskey. You deserve it. After all, you're making dinner. That's work, man.
4. Wait 'til water is boiling. This can sometime take several minutes. Go ahead and have another shot while you wait. Might as well.
5. Put noodles in boiling water. Noodles can take 3 - 5 minutes to boil. That is a long time, in whiskey-time. Best have another shot while they cook.
6. Noodle are finally done! Carefully strain noodles (avoiding that hot water, you're kind of drunk, and cooking is serious business.) Open your flavor packet(s) and shake it all over your noodles. Be sure to mix it well, and give the noodles a few seconds to let that flavor sink in. This is a perfect time for another shot of whiskey, by the way.
6. Ahh..the final step. Throw away noodles and finish bottle of whiskey.

THE END

Last edited by Beretta; 11-07-2012 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: this is the alcohol forum, not the food/ramen noodle forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,316,341 times
That reminds me of my rum cake recipe.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Whiskey Ramen noodles

1. Take a shot of whiskey while you grab a pack of delicious ramen noodles from your ramen stash.
3. While you're filling a pot with enough water to cover the noodles, go ahead and take another shot of whiskey. You deserve it. After all, you're making dinner. That's work, man.
4. Wait 'til water is boiling. This can sometime take several minutes. Go ahead and have another shot while you wait. Might as well.
5. Put noodles in boiling water. Noodles can take 3 - 5 minutes to boil. That is a long time, in whiskey-time. Best have another shot while they cook.
6. Noodle are finally done! Carefully strain noodles (avoiding that hot water, you're kind of drunk, and cooking is serious business.) Open your flavor packet(s) and shake it all over your noodles. Be sure to mix it well, and give the noodles a few seconds to let that flavor sink in. This is a perfect time for another shot of whiskey, by the way.

THE END

For other awesome ramen recipes check out :
The Official Ramen Homepage
thanks for a smile. I have seen similar ones for making fruit cake at Christmas, etc. It always makes me happy...no, I don't mean, I try the recipe, drink the whiskey and get happy(I might do that as well) I mean I think reading the recipe makes me happy...

Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Whiskey Ramen noodles

Quote:

THE END

For other awesome ramen recipes check out :

The Official Ramen Homepage

.....and then spend the next 2 or 3 days being so sick that you'll never forget it. Ever.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,617,795 times
Try the same thing with tofu. cook and drink till tofu tastes good.......get 3 bottles ready! If you use a smoker, get 3 bottles and a 30pk beer.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,336 times
Love it, thanks for the laugh!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:54 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
That reminds me of the last time my sons barbecued steak...beer, turn on grill, beer, put steak on, beer, turn steak, beer, take steak off, beer, eat steak...but steak is steak...forget Ramen.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,259 times
hahah. awesome. i was reading it all serious expecting the whiskey to play a part of the recipe. i really am stupid. but i also am a whiskey man. so cheers.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Have you ever had ramen that didn't come from a packet?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
[SIZE=5]A lot of variations to the OP, but I do remember the one below.

Once again this year, I've had requests for my Tequila Christmas Cake recipe so here goes. Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]

1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
1 bottle tequila
2 cups dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck iin the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the tequila. Now shift the lemon ice strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 s and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat.

Cherry Mristmas
[/SIZE]

My Tequila Christmas cake recipe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink