Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
Well, sure, eat your horse when you know it was a healthy horse and nobody calls it "beef". I personally have no problem with that. As long as this c**p does not go near my internals. Other than that- cheers!

What is that supposed to mean.......Horsey is extra toxic or you are a Vegan and consider all meat toxic and beneath you???????

Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM

353 posts, read 580,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
What is that supposed to mean.......Horsey is extra toxic or you are a Vegan and consider all meat toxic and beneath you???????
Just to make it clear, it is toxic for me. Being vegan is not a social status for me. I am too valuable to eat stuff that makes me sick and I refuse to take drugs. So, it is working out for me. I don't care what others eat, quite frankly. I apologize for the confusion
...And to answer your question...No, if a horse was raised in the good condition and was not sick on antibiotics, to meat eaters; as long as nobody lies to them about originality of that meat, should be ok, might taste good. If it was sick and called "beef" to avoid trouble is what I call a scam that they might lie about.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Just to make it clear, it is toxic for me. Being vegan is not a social status for me. I am too valuable to eat stuff that makes me sick and I refuse to take drugs. So, it is working out for me. I don't care what others eat, quite frankly. I apologize for the confusion
...And to answer your question...No, if a horse was raised in the good condition and was not sick on antibiotics, to meat eaters; as long as nobody lies to them about originality of that meat, should be ok, might taste good. If it was sick and called "beef" to avoid trouble is what I call a scam that they might lie about.

GREAT....I like to see people doing what truly works best for them.

ME.....I have anemia and treat it by eating animal organs 3-4 times a week...........YUMMO!

Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
GREAT....I like to see people doing what truly works best for them.

ME.....I have anemia and treat it by eating animal organs 3-4 times a week...........YUMMO!
I have a friend with anemia, she has to eat beef liver, I don't freak out about it. I want her to be well, because I luv my best buddy.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
I have a friend with anemia, she has to eat beef liver, I don't freak out about it. I want her to be well, because I luv my best buddy.

You sound like the most reasonable Vegan in the Universe.....a little out of the norm if I may say!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
This is an excellent attitude, and I have to say, very refreshing to see in the food forum.

As for the topic itself: I'm not overly concerned about where my food comes from; GMO, conveyer-belt slaughterhouse, some guy's back yard chicken coop, etc. If it has the right consistency, tastes like I believe it should taste, and is at a reasonable price for the product, I'm pretty okay with it. That would include horse meat, if I ever wanted to eat it. I tried lamb again for the first time in decades; it turns out I don't really like it much at all.

I do like chicken, and cornish game hen, less so with turkey or pheasant or squab.

If I'm going to eat "meat" I prefer beef to buffalo, although buffalo burgers are pretty tasty. I have no interest in eating horsemeat but if that's what's served for dinner at someone's house, I would at least taste a bite. The same for dog and cat. I'm not opposed to eating animal flesh, even though my American sensitivity is more focused on cow than most other animals.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You sound like the most reasonable Vegan in the Universe.....a little out of the norm if I may say!
Well, it is all about the attitude and reasoning. I have heard of some vegans that would freak me out with their extreme acts and anorexic appearances. I never got discouraged though; because, I had to do it for ME. I have seen some sweet ones that don’t attack meat eaters. I am not protein deficient for sure; my physical / mental health is very good. It is all about the big picture and the results to me. As long as I like my results, that is all the matters. I will use the methods and secrets that work for me and set a good example. Being kind also means being kind to people regardles of what they put in their mouth. Everyone paints their own life and makes their own decisions. Nobody is owned or forced to do anything they have no desire to do. That is what I try to go by. I ain't no guru...Just an ordinary girl that is trying to improve every day and learn from mistakes.

Sincerely, Thank you!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Well, this thread has gotten of course but at least in a pleasant way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink