Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 AM

859 posts, read 2,149,109 times

Advertisements

Actuelly arround here when you do get delievery you get charged 2.00 for gas/delievery Fee right up front (which goes to the person delivering) And they also get a hr wage of some sort. & tip.
As I said before, We dont have delievery here ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
Actuelly arround here when you do get delievery you get charged 2.00 for gas/delievery Fee right up front (which goes to the person delivering) And they also get a hr wage of some sort. & tip.
As I said before, We dont have delievery here ...
we charge $2 for delivery at my company too, but i only see 50 cents for most of my deliveries and 75 cents for farther deliveries...the rest goes to the cost of how the company delivers its food to each store...and alot of people dont tip because of that..its not my fault..the company is greedy......when you order pizza it doesnt ever say gratuity included so that's how you know it doesnt all go to the driver....the 50 cents probably covers my gas ...maybe...but after that im working for 5.50 an hour....so the tips do help and i average about 10-11 dollars an hour with the tips but in Florida that is not a price that you can call yourself middleclass and afford any of the finer things....i still struggle with bills every month but what else can i do in "my" situation?....

Old 11-06-2007, 06:49 AM

859 posts, read 2,149,109 times
I guess I would start looking for a different Job. The $ 2.00 should go to YOU. Not them.

I dont know youre situation,, so I am not sure what else I can say... wanna explain to situation?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I guess I would start looking for a different Job. The $ 2.00 should go to YOU. Not them.

I dont know youre situation,, so I am not sure what else I can say... wanna explain to situation?

This is going to be off the top of my head so some things might be out of place in time but here is the story since you asked...

I cant be on my feet for hours everyday....i had 4 surgeries on my knee before and i have severe arthritis at age 29 from an accident when i was 12 years old.....i got fired at JcPenny after a year being there because i messed up my knee again and had to take too many sit down breaks because my knee would swell up alot being on it all day...so they ended up dumping me because i couldnt stand up in long enough periods....

i was doing good there and got employee of the month but my injury made my situation to where i couldnt do that kind of work anymore....so i looked around for something that i could do and started going to college at DeVry and i got 5 classes away from graduating and then my brother and his family and my grandmother bailed on me and my mother so after they moved back to where they were from me and my mother had too much to pay in bills by ourselves and i had to quit school because i had to find a job working full time 50 hours or so and making at least 9-10 dollars an hour....

so with my injury i had to find something where i could sit alot and stand for periods too so that my knee would have some mobility with the arthritis and then it wouldnt swell all the time...so out where i lived at the time the only place in that town i could find a job like that was the pizza place delivering pizzas....so i got a job there and stuck with it for 2 years until we had to move and i liked it because i got used to the work and it was better for my knee.....so i found another pizza delivery job after we moved and i have been there for a year now until i am able to finish school but that is a long story too.....my arthritis isnt some young guys arthritis....

when i was at the doctors office they were looking at some x-rays and i heard one doctor ask the other, "who's x-ray is that.....is it the old guy in room 3?" ....the other doctor said "no its that 19 year old in room one"....that 19 year old was me......and ive been taking arthritis pills and i have a 90 degree range of motion in my knee which means i cant squat or bend my leg all the way back and ive had 4 surgeries from bone spurs forming and fluid forming and a couple tears in my knee....i am walking with a torn ACL everyday now but am used to that ....i dont have insurance to get that fixed right now.....my mother's insurance covered the surgeries when i was younger but im stuck now

Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,804,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Here we are coming up on Thanksgiving and some people on here appreciate service but i can't believe the amount of people without a giving heart...no wonder society is getting more screwed up.....i just gave my shift at work to a guy that needed it more than me ....i guess the non-tippers would say something against that too huh?
Nobody on here has said they don't tip. They don't agree with a 40% tip to deliver a freaking pizza.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
again...how much money would it take you to deliver a pizza to a house and person that you don't know? while using "your" car and paying for "your own" gas?

Yeah i chose this job as do lots of other people who deliver pizza, wait tables, or do other things....but usually there is a good reason that people choose thier jobs and mine was health related and i couldn't make a decent living working at JC Penny, or at Burger King......The tips make my job worth it.....and give me just enough money to survive without having a college degree.....You will reap what you sow in this life ....trust me on that
It is not a matter of how much money it would take to deliver pizzas. From my understanding this job pays min. wage or a little over it. So be it. I choose not to do this job.

I have been a waitress and understand how tips supplement your income. The restaurant where I worked required that I give a portion of my tips to the cooks and the busboys so I didn't even get them all. But I made do. I understood that when I took the job i was making 3.00 an hour at that time. If I got tips great if not oh well. Less I had to declare on my taxes that day.

With the price of everything going up nowadays ordering a pizza is a luxury that my family probably won't be getting anymore. If I want a pizza I can make my own. I resent being told that if I only had twenty dollars I should have a can a beans because how unethical of me it is to not leave you a 40 percent tip. You don't know me or my situation. What If this was the only food my children and I were going to have that day? What If I needed to keep that extra five dollars to pay for my children's lunches at school the next day? You said I reap what I sow well I am sorry but so do you. You might want to think about someone's circumstances instead of grumping about how you have been "cheated".

Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
It is not a matter of how much money it would take to deliver pizzas. From my understanding this job pays min. wage or a little over it. So be it. I choose not to do this job.

I have been a waitress and understand how tips supplement your income. The restaurant where I worked required that I give a portion of my tips to the cooks and the busboys so I didn't even get them all. But I made do. I understood that when I took the job i was making 3.00 an hour at that time. If I got tips great if not oh well. Less I had to declare on my taxes that day.

With the price of everything going up nowadays ordering a pizza is a luxury that my family probably won't be getting anymore. If I want a pizza I can make my own. I resent being told that if I only had twenty dollars I should have a can a beans because how unethical of me it is to not leave you a 40 percent tip. You don't know me or my situation. What If this was the only food my children and I were going to have that day? What If I needed to keep that extra five dollars to pay for my children's lunches at school the next day? You said I reap what I sow well I am sorry but so do you. You might want to think about someone's circumstances instead of grumping about how you have been "cheated".

How can someone that worked in a service job not be more appreciative than the average Joe...and how much did you say you would deliver a pizza to someone for?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
I understood that when I took the job i was making 3.00 an hour at that time. If I got tips great if not oh well.

this statement seems suspect for a waiter or waitress...next time i go out eat im gonna ask the waiters there if they would agree or if they think the same way about "no tip" or a crappy tip

Too many "what if" statements in the post too.....it's a matter of having a giving heart or not...i dont judge you .....i just see that some people do not have that giving heart like me or some other people do...that's it

I guess the answer to your question is that you would expect what anyone else delivering pizzas would expect to pay for your gas and to deliver the pizza then.....most people (not friends) i know would expect 5 bucks to use thier car to go out of thier way to do anything for someone......i dont mind people that give small tips and i also appreciate that too....but if you gave me the change left over from 15 dollars for a pizza that was $14.25....then dont bother.....go by some beans or rice for your children with the 75 cents....i grew up really poor and if we didnt have the money to leave a tip ...we simply did not order.....we ate what we had at home in that case...and that still goes for today...if i go out to eat and the person gave good service and the bill is $36...they are getting $46 from me...call me generous or stupid ...but that person deserves good money for a good job as far as im concerned if you dont think so then that's your opinion........if i dont have the money for that then i'll go to Taco Bell

you also say think about someone's circumstances before i judge them...well im not judging...im telling you what i would do and what anyone who appreciated the service would do...maybe not in the same amount of money but im not leaving 3-4 dollars for a 36 dollar meal......and remember ...i deliver pizza...what do you do to where you cant afford to give the same kind of tips as me?.....do you work at Burger King.....Bottom line ...no matter what the circumstance...if i havent got the money to tip good for good service then im staying home and eating a peanut butter sandwich

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 11-06-2007 at 09:12 AM..

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
For home deliveries I usually tip $5.00 (we're talking pizza and wings). I figure, I don't have to cook, don't have to clean up (just throw the box away). It's a treat on Friday nights. Not to mention gas prices are over $3 a gallon.

Pizza delivery people who are reading this ............ Do you get paid for mileage/gas?

Paula
I usually tip a couple of bucks per pie. I'd tip more if the pizza places weren't hitting me up for a couple of bucks already for a "delivery fee". They didn't used to do that.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I usually tip a couple of bucks per pie. I'd tip more if the pizza places weren't hitting me up for a couple of bucks already for a "delivery fee". They didn't used to do that.
that's cool.....that's all i would even expect if i did a good job in your eyes....i agree that it sucks about the delivery charge....but it's all because of high gas prices and everyone is feeling that now...but a couple bucks for one pizza is about average and its a nice tip too....so thank you for doing that....and it sounds like you have a good heart about it by saying you "would" give more if it wasnt for that extra charge....when i get a small tip and i sense the person wishes they could do more then i understand and it doesnt even faze me....and i am still going to do my best to give good service to them next time...but if someone makes all these excuses up about things then that's where i think it is wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink