Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

McDonald's adding 3 new Quarter Pounders to menu | Fox News

Last night, and this week, McDonald's has their new sandwiches, Buy One, Get One Free...so, we decide to try the re-vamped Quarter Pounder.

The old Quarter Pounder, had meat, cheese, pickle, re hydrated onions, ketchup and mustard. The bun had sesame seeds. This has been the format since 1971.

The new Quarter Pounders, are three types, we ordered a Deluxe, and a Bacon Cheese.

The first issue, the sandwiches come in the same box, you don't know which is which...I realized after looking closely at the boxes, that there are three tabs, labeled with each sandwich, apparently, the tabs are folded down, and you "know" which sandwich is which by the folded tab. Packaging, fail. I gave my SO my sandwich, because I saw the "Bacon Cheese" tab...but, it was the "Deluxe", which had the tab folded....he was halfway done when I switched him...

The Bacon Cheese, has red onion on it, the bacon was not crunchy...nothing worse than limp bacon! Big, crisp pickles, ketchup, mustard, a bakery bun, cheese, burger...

Review: in comparison to Wendy's, I still like Wendy's burgers better, or even Five Guys, which puts out a burger for the same price, made to order, with any fresh toppings...but, it does take longer. I can see that McDonald's was losing, market share to these places.

The Deluxe was surprising, with lettuce, tomato, cheese, red onion, mayo, bakery bun, mustard, pickles, burger...normally, I don't like mayo, but this mayo was really good.

These new burgers are BOGO for the next few days....so, if you are looking for a quick eat...

This was a treat for my SO, he has been on a diet...we will try the Bacon Habenero tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 AM

709 posts, read 955,312 times
I like my bacon rubbery. Is that the same as limp?

Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
I like my bacon rubbery. Is that the same as limp?
Nope! Limp means the whole piece comes out with the first bite. Rubbery means your teeth bounce back off it.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
i havent had a quarter pounder or big mac in years,,maybe its time to try the new ones

Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
So they did away with the Angus burger and now they are trying to improve the old reliables? All I know is my DH ordered a grilled chicken and there was NOTHING on it. A dry bun and a piece of chicken. It will be hard to get us to another McDonalds again.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:22 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
...A dry bun and a piece of chicken...
That same format has worked well for Chick-fil-A. Order a crispy chicken sandwich from McD and you'll even get a pickle .

Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
We just had the new ones for lunch, and both got the bacon burger. The bacon was perfectly cooked on ours,and the burger was delicious.

Small correction - the original Quarter Pounder with Cheese (you have to ask for a Quarter Ham) comes with fresh onions, not rehydrated. The regular hamburger and cheeseburger use the diced rehydrated onions.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
All they did was replaced the Angus Deluxe and Bacon & Cheese with the quarter versions of it. They completely ditched the Angus Mushroom & Swiss and replaced it with the Quarter Bacon Habanero Ranch.

Also, if your bacon wasn't crispy, it probably just came off the grill, it takes a few minutes to get crispy.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
I rarely eat fast food, but every time I have ordered a burger with bacon, I was consistently disappointed. The bacon is always chewy and somewhat tough, which greatly detracts from the quality of the burger. I always felt the burger would have been better off without the crappy bacon, yet it costs more. BK's bacon burger was by far one of the worst burgers I ever ate, though I have never had a McDonald's burger with bacon on it.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Tried the habanero one. Unimpressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink