Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,621,281 times

Advertisements

I don't like cake or pies anymore, haven't had any for yrs. Don't care for pop anymore, but will drink one every once in a while. Also not a fan of chocolate, but I gotta be in the mood and have a gallon of milk w/it. Guess I don't like many sweets, will eat them if I have to, but doesn't do much for me.

Inlaws think I'm nuts, probably right, as I don't like cake but I do like shellfish, sushi, and some other "out of the norm"(for our area) foods. They thought it was kinda rude that I didn't have some cake and ice cream for someones b-day. I just had supper and was not hungry. I've had shrimp at our house and they complained that it was "gross" and asked me to take it in another room so they didn't have to see it. But I guess I'm the rude one. ok, done w/my little rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,549,824 times
mutton
kidneys
brains
cow's feet
pig's feet
olives - I like them cooked in food, but hate them plain.
hard candies
Guinness stout and other strong, dark beers

Old 11-10-2008, 10:49 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,521,910 times
I'm a semi-adventurous eater, depending on who you ask!

I tried tongue recently. I really really wanted to like it. Lengua tacos are big in authentic mexican places, and also people are always eating it in British books, which are another weakness of mine.

Anyway, I tried it at a Mexican place. I only had one bite and was thoroughly grossed out by the texture.

I'm afraid of liver and other organ meats too, although I'll eat 'em if I don't really see them, like in dirty rice or giblet gravy.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,621,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I'm a semi-adventurous eater, depending on who you ask!

I tried tongue recently. I really really wanted to like it. Lengua tacos are big in authentic mexican places, and also people are always eating it in British books, which are another weakness of mine.

Anyway, I tried it at a Mexican place. I only had one bite and was thoroughly grossed out by the texture.

I'm afraid of liver and other organ meats too, although I'll eat 'em if I don't really see them, like in dirty rice or giblet gravy.
I smoked tongue once, it was good and the kids liked it on crackers. Gotta peal the outside skin off first before eating, though. Tuff spots to avoid, but the tender areas are really good, IMHO.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,965,287 times
I'm a really adventurous eater. I love tongue, stewed cow's head, bbq beef tendon, pho with tripe, anything fermented or slimed beyond recognition..

But I can't eat slimy egg whites. It just turns my stomach, my egg whites need to be cooked all the way through or I just gag.

Other things that most people don't even have to think about coming across: pickled eel brood has too much crunch and too many eyes. The one Korean food I really can't eat. Also not a fan of overly sugarly things, they tend to make me wretch. Ketchup and eggs! That's even worse than eel brood..blech..

Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,521,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
I smoked tongue once, it was good and the kids liked it on crackers. Gotta peal the outside skin off first before eating, though. Tuff spots to avoid, but the tender areas are really good, IMHO.
I don't think there was skin, it was cut in cubes, and I found it very... spongey.
DH wouldn't try it. My carnitas and steak tacos disappeared quickly enough, though.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:04 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,932,241 times
I really should not have read this thread first thing on the day of an exam...
*No icon for turning green*

Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,425,189 times
Mayo. I literally can't stand mayonaise. When I make someone else a sandwich with mayo it grosses me out. If it gets on my hand I have to wash it off immediately.

If I bite into a sandwich with mayo on it that I didn't know about. I feel sick.

I joke that I died of mayo poisoning in a previous life.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:30 PM

329 posts, read 1,272,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
I don't like cake or pies anymore, haven't had any for yrs. Don't care for pop anymore, but will drink one every once in a while. Also not a fan of chocolate, but I gotta be in the mood and have a gallon of milk w/it. Guess I don't like many sweets, will eat them if I have to, but doesn't do much for me.

Inlaws think I'm nuts, probably right, as I don't like cake but I do like shellfish, sushi, and some other "out of the norm"(for our area) foods. They thought it was kinda rude that I didn't have some cake and ice cream for someones b-day. I just had supper and was not hungry. I've had shrimp at our house and they complained that it was "gross" and asked me to take it in another room so they didn't have to see it. But I guess I'm the rude one. ok, done w/my little rant.
I am the same way - don't really care for sweets or chocolate anymore. No desire at all - except on rare occasions and I only want a bite or two - with milk. When I see people eat cake with pop or punch or something else sweet - it just makes me cringe.........I think part of my aversion to sweets is my blood sugar gets out of whack easily - even though diabetes tests always come back normal...

Love the sushi and shell fish as well. They just don't know what they are missing - love raw oysters too!

I even ate a termite on a jungle tour

One thing I don't like is curry. I have tried it many times, many varieties and I just don't like it. I love cooking - and I keep thinking I should - but I just don't!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 PM

197 posts, read 397,743 times
Lobsters. I think that they are related to spiders. And cottage cheese it looks so gross to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink