Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:22 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of "lists" on the web lately. None of them mean anything other than what they are: Fast Food Journalism.

We just have the basic's here and I have to say Arby's has never been one I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't know what messing with food means, other than poisoning it, somehow.
Never heard of food hitting anything except my stomach.
How is that being a snob?
It was easy to understand given the original context. You were not being a snob. You were being something else and you know. it.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
I think some of the restaurants listed in the best list another poster wrote are more accurately described as fast casual restaurants. This would include places like Panera, Pei Wei, Mad Greens, Smashburger, Chipotle, and Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill. Denver is full of them.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:02 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
[shrug]

It's fast food.

Its selling point is cheap, known convenience. It's fast, inexpensive, and known (because we've all eaten at a place like, say, Burger King - so we know what we're getting). Fast food is what I want when I'm travelling, or just caught without dinner plans, and don't want to spend much time or money and alleviating my hunger. And it does that well and efficiently.

The trade-off is that it's not like the experience of sitting down and enjoying a well-made martini while awaiting my expertly-prepared medium-rare ribeye cut cut of Kobe beef. But then, I don't expect it to be.

I find all this expressed amazement that places for which a low price is an intrinsic aspect of their business model don't serve high-quality products to be absurd.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:09 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Worst chains in my view

1. Papa Johns - Not because of the taste, but because the owner is a scumbag. He's never gonna get a dime from me
2. White Castle - Soggy and greasy sliders
3. KFC - Chicken too greasy
4. Taco Bell
5. Little Caesars

Old 09-07-2014, 08:43 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Wow......you are just trying to be offensive. Where was anything about eating road kill mentioned?

It really isn't hard to understand that the poster means he will have Churches every so often and he thinks the honey butter biscuits 'hit the spot' or are rather tasty.
All it takes to know what he meant is an IQ above 100.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:05 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think some of the restaurants listed in the best list another poster wrote are more accurately described as fast casual restaurants. This would include places like Panera, Pei Wei, Mad Greens, Smashburger, Chipotle, and Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill. Denver is full of them.

It's still fast food. Perhaps a sub-category of fast food, but fast food, nonetheless.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
It's still fast food. Perhaps a sub-category of fast food, but fast food, nonetheless.
I think of them differently. Some of these places have basic table service in that they will bus once you're done if personnel are available, but they also provide trash receptacles for those in a hurry. They do not accept tips like a full-service restaurant, even if food is delivered, like at Noodles. Some serve your order on real tableware, like Panera. The food is made to order, and these restaurants rarely offer a drive-through. To me, traditional fast food is Taco Bell, Burger King, Arby's, Wendy's, McDonald's and the like. The food comes wrapped paper on a plastic tray or in a bag, served up immediately after ordering at the counter or from a drive-through window. Pizza places don't really fit neatly into either category.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-07-2014 at 09:35 AM..

Old 09-07-2014, 09:39 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
The only dirty fast food places I have been to have been Burger Kings. Their food has dropped in quality too.

Never been to Church's, CiCis, or Panda Bear.

I still like McDonalds. Stopped Friday for a Big Mac. That is still a good sandwich.

Taco Bell is fine for the price. KFC baked is good. Their sides aren't that great.

Arby's has also dropped in quality. The beef and cheddar is nothing like it used to be.

Jack in the Box stinks. Will go hungry before I eat there again.

Wendy's is good. Never had a bad meal there.

Dominos is ok except for the thin. Pizza Hut seems the same year after year. I like it. Sbarro has always been good but haven't had it very often.

I really like A&W and Hungry Howies. In and Out is overrated.

I miss Burger Chef and Red Barn.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:45 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
Waffle House is pretty darn dirty I gotta say.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:50 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think of them differently. Some of these places have basic table service in that they will bus once you're done if personnel are available, but they also provide trash receptacles for those in a hurry. They do not accept tips like a full-service restaurant, even if food is delivered, like at Noodles. Some serve your order on real tableware, like Panera. The food is made to order, and these restaurants rarely offer a drive-through. To me, traditional fast food is Taco Bell, Burger King, Arby's, Wendy's, McDonald's and the like. The food comes wrapped paper on a plastic tray or in a bag, served up immediately after ordering at the counter or from a drive-through window. Pizza places don't really fit neatly into either category.
Regardless of your opinion on the matter, they are widely regarded as fast food, as evidenced by articles and lists such as shared by the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink