Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:47 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times

Advertisements

Every time I've tried Chick-fil-a the chicken has been really soggy. I gave up trying to figure out the hype.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:50 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
The Chic fil a sandwich is great to me, as well as the waffle fries. Customer service is really good as well.

With that said, I do not think any fast food is good enough that I need to wait forever and a day in line to get it.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Like I said Chikfilet cooks their in a pressure cooker in peanut oil. Go buy both and try them side by side. If you think they taste the same then your tongue doesn't work.
KFC also cooks their chicken in pressure fryers, Harlen Sanders came up with the concept
I have never once been to a Chick-fil-a so I have no more input on the matter..
I have heard wonderful things about the product and the staff...

Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,448 times
Imo and from only one visit: Very tasty, very small portions, very expensive.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Chick-Fil-A tastes fine. It's not my favorite of the fast food chicken sandwiches (that goes to Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich), but it's fine. Their company policies, including not being open on Sundays, are a sticking point with me, though.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,817,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Earlier this year, coming back home from Guatemala, we had a lay over at the Atlanta airport which had a Chick-fill-a, so I thought I'd check out what every one is loosing their collective minds over...I'm still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about, maybe it was because I had it an airport, I don't know. Their menu seemed pretty small, and the chicken didn't seemed average at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Every time I've tried Chick-fil-a the chicken has been really soggy. I gave up trying to figure out the hype.
I agree with both of you.

As to how someone mentioned that the chicken is fried in peanut oil or whatever else - what is the point of frying chicken, only to then let it get soggy? They put it in metal containers, pieces of chicken on top of one another (instead of all laid out singly under a warmer or similar), which means all the chicken piled on top of each other steams. So you end up with greasy chicken that's no longer crisp. That's gross.

I've had it twice, from two different locations, and won't have it again. At least KFC keeps their chicken crispy, and Popeyes does it even better. I'm not sure what the appeal of Chic-fill-a is. Fry up your chicken, then let it steam so it gets soggy and you taste the oil. Yum!

The most cheerful employees of a fast food joint I've come across has been In-n-Out burger. They get paid well, so that may have something to do with it.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:20 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Of course I do ... but I'm comparing chicken sandwich to chicken sandwich here, and Chick Fil A's is better than anyone else's, IMO.

I'm sorry, Hardees/Carl's Jr, Wendy's, KFC, Jack in the Box, heck even McDonald's, don't sell chicken sandwiches that are made with actual chicken and not "pressed and formed crap"?

You might want to let them all know so they can update their menus to better reflect what they actually sell.

Take away the politics and Chick-fil-A is just another fast food place selling deep fried junk on a bun.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:35 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I'm sorry, Hardees/Carl's Jr, Wendy's, KFC, Jack in the Box, heck even McDonald's, don't sell chicken sandwiches that are made with actual chicken and not "pressed and formed crap"?
Have you ever compared a Chicken McNugget to a Chick Fil A Nugget? No comparison whatsoever. The CFA nugget is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the McNugget.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post

The most cheerful employees of a fast food joint I've come across has been In-n-Out burger. They get paid well, so that may have something to do with it.
Culver's, here. Excellent, friendly, and courteous service...they are obviously heavily coached on polite customer relations, people come around and check on you, etc. I don't know the pay scale, but I would bet it's a step up from standard fast food, much like the food itself.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Their company policies, including not being open on Sundays, are a sticking point with me, though.
I've heard that the employees love having that guaranteed day off. And when you compare the customer service of fast food joints, CFA definitely seems to have the best employees. Closed Sundays might have something to do with that.

They only have two things that I crave; their shakes and lemonade.

I'm guessing that I eat at Chick-Fil-A about 4 times a year (but I will grab a lemonade or a shake about once a month, without getting any food).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink