Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

karen, you probably shouldn't read this...

A lamb roast first seared on the grill after being spiced with salt, pepper, a little curry,
Worcester Sauce, stabbed-filled with apples and fr garlic and salt
then,
in a turkey bag for 4 hours with red wine....so when you touch it it falls apart like my pork shoulder roasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:04 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Okay, here we go.

I love those Vietnamese noodle salads, although I have no idea what they're called. Usually over the noodles there's peanuts, some greens, meat, and a fried spring roll. That.

A bottle of Wostok or Fritz Kola, the finest sodas ever, from Germany

A ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella. And Halloumi

A crab po boy

Steamed dumplings, with ginger pork, bok choy, chilis...

A Ritter Sport chocolate bar with corn flakes in it

Fried calamaris with lemon, and a variety of different sauces

A hot pastrami or Montreal smoked meat sandwich

A bunch of different kinds of olives.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Okay, here we go.

I love those Vietnamese noodle salads, although I have no idea what they're called. Usually over the noodles there's peanuts, some greens, meat, and a fried spring roll. That.

A bottle of Wostok or Fritz Kola, the finest sodas ever, from Germany

A ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella. And Halloumi

A crab po boy

Steamed dumplings, with ginger pork, bok choy, chilis...

A Ritter Sport chocolate bar with corn flakes in it

Fried calamaris with lemon, and a variety of different sauces

A hot pastrami or Montreal smoked meat sandwich

A bunch of different kinds of olives.
No mac and cheese for You!

Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,252,530 times
I just want cheesecake. I would want to wait till after I eat the cheesecake before I decide if I want anything else. If this is unlimited with no concern about calories or anything, I would add an "s" to the end of "cheesecake". And the cheesecake I would want would be New York style, not Cheesecake Factory style. And I would want it to be cherry cheesecake, or maybe a variety of flavors, depending on how much I eat. If I get tired of the cheesecake, and want something else, I want to be able to decide at that point, what it would be, because I can't predict what food I will be in the mood for. Right now I'm only in the mood for cheesecake.

But in real life I don't eat much cheesecake, nor anything else very fancy. I'm a big fan of fancy soup, in various ethnic restaurants, but don't go to those restaurants very often. I'm more likely to go to Wendy's for chili, especially when they had their 50th anniversary special. I don't think I've ever had chili better than Wendy's. You wouldn't think a fast food restaurant could have anything very good, but I think Wendy's chili is an exception to that rule.

In a Chinese restaurant my favorite dishes are four seasons, crab Rangoon, and wonton soup. The best eggroll I ever had was a free sample at Sams Club. I've had plenty of eggrolls in Chinese restaurants, but none of them were as good as that one at Sams Club. But only that one time. I had other free sample egg rolls there at different times, and they weren't nearly as good.

I like Goulash in a Hungarian restaurant, and they have the kind of atmosphere I like. I had onion soup in a French restaurant, but it was a long time ago, and I don't remember how good it was. I had eggs florentine in a fancy hotel restaurant, and they were pretty good, and I wouldn't mind having them more often. I've had lobster in a fancy Chinese restaurant, and it seemed good, but nothing really special about it. Lobster cooked at home seems just as good, but even then, not nearly as special as most people seem to say it is. Like almost everyone else, I like shrimp a lot, the bigger the better, in all kinds of recipes. I'm a big fan of pan-fried trout, and lots of other fish recipes.

But right now I just want cheesecake.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:23 AM

Thanks for the tip ...maybe Sam's has that eggroll in their freezer, worth a trip to try..
...actually the BEST
chocolate cake I have maybe ever had is their Triple Choc Bundt cake...under $7.
OMG, and their chicken for under $5...the BEST rub ever...I would never
buy a quicky roasted chicken anywhere else bec of Sam's.
(I usually do org anyway now.)

Did you know in Supermarkets where they have lobsters ---they will cook it perfectly for you?

Cheesecake...hmm.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:33 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
I'd have some coconut shrimp, jambalaya and cheesecake for dessert.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
There was a similiar thread somewhere..

Right now I'm thinking grilled fresh lobsters, clams & scallops combo, 1 dozen fresh oysters, 2 black pepper crabs, a slice of blackforest ice cream cake with a glass of riesling.:d..

Old 10-22-2014, 01:42 PM

What is it about our love of bottomfeeding seafood!!
Hahaha

OMG, forgot, Coconut SHRIMP!
Nothing is in my head now, except Coconut shrimp....that's all I want.
On my death bed...coconut shrimp with that pineappley sauce they give you.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What is it about our love of bottomfeeding seafood!!
Hahaha

OMG, forgot, Coconut SHRIMP!
Nothing is in my head now, except Coconut shrimp....that's all I want.
On my death bed...coconut shrimp with that pineappley sauce they give you.
They are soooo good.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:34 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I love sweets... cheesecake, pumpkin, apple, pecan pies... dairy queen peanut butter cup blizzard.. these are my favorite foods... but I do not eat them often... elevated carb consumption is something I could do when younger but my diet now is mostly low carb with splurge days every 7-10 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink