Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 03:07 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,767,731 times

Advertisements

One great thing and therapeutic to boost about caffeine is that it dilates blood vessels and can be used to alleviate headaches. I just took a 200mg dosage in pill form to mitigate the headache I feel coming on.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 03:30 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,773,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
One great thing and therapeutic to boost about caffeine is that it dilates blood vessels and can be used to alleviate headaches. I just took a 200mg dosage in pill form to mitigate the headache I feel coming on.
This is an excellent point. Many of the headache relievers contain caffeine.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM

20,938 posts, read 28,449,340 times
If he's controlling your caffeine intake then what else is he controlling? You are an adult and can make your own decisions. As for the red bull they are gross tasting. Do you like to drink coffee? Hey I am concerned about my husband being overweight but he's a grown man and I don't tell him what and how much he should eat even though I feel differently but unlike some my husband can take constructive criticism but that doesn't mean he always listens.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,171,154 times
The main issue is the controlling behavior, but also he's just plain wrong when he claims it's bad for you. Coffee is in fact a health drink that would benefit most people to have every day (I don't know about Red Bull). If you ran this post in the Health subforum, you would get an eyeful of those benefits - everything from preventing liver disease and suicide, losing weight and improving workouts, to preventing Alzheimer's (though it takes about 5 cups of black coffee per day to do that, if I remember correctly).

Old 12-07-2014, 03:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Your husband is a controlling a---hole. I can't believe this is his only issue. It's not about coffee.
Bingo.

Coffee like wine, beer and even grain alcohol is beneficial when done in moderation.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:11 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
My husband is on my case big time about quitting caffeine. I've always had either one small can of caffeinated drink (80mg caffeine) every morning, ever since I was 7. That's all I need to be productive, awake and focused each day. I sleep fine, and have never had issues with caffeine. (Except I do get withdrawal symptoms if I go without it)

And I'm 5'11, so much for coffee stunting growth!

But my husband is trying to forbid me from coffee. When I ask why, he can't give a coherent reason. He just says it's not healthy. So now he says I'm not allowed to have caffeine on Sundays, and that in a few weeks, no coffee on weekends, and then never again.

I've tried compromising and promising to drink a little less coffee on Sunday, but he says no. I want to clean the house, go hiking and work on my programming. I need to be somewhat functional, not dead exhausted and knocked down with migraines from no caffeine.

He says my addiction is a sign that it's unhealthy, but that doesn't seem like much of a compelling reason that caffeine itself, in moderate doses, is so bad.

Is he right to not allow me to drink coffee? How can I convince him that coffee isn't so bad?
You have marriage problems...not caffeine problems.

Okay...what happens if you give up caffeine. .what does he ban for you next?

Women up...if you are not having medical issues from very low to moderate caffeine intake and it doesn't cause you to have negative behaviors or outcomes. ...tell him to watch his own diet and you'll take care if yours.

Be careful. ..controlling people seldom change....

Old 12-07-2014, 04:13 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
would you say the same if hubby is asking her to eliminate meat from her diet???

this would also be controlling behavior , but many would say "he's just concerned for your health"
If he was trying to control her eating of meat and she wanted steak....damn straight he's being an *******.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
My husband is on my case big time about quitting caffeine. I've always had either one small can of caffeinated drink (80mg caffeine) every morning, ever since I was 7. That's all I need to be productive, awake and focused each day. I sleep fine, and have never had issues with caffeine. (Except I do get withdrawal symptoms if I go without it)

And I'm 5'11, so much for coffee stunting growth!

But my husband is trying to forbid me from coffee. When I ask why, he can't give a coherent reason. He just says it's not healthy. So now he says I'm not allowed to have caffeine on Sundays, and that in a few weeks, no coffee on weekends, and then never again.

I've tried compromising and promising to drink a little less coffee on Sunday, but he says no. I want to clean the house, go hiking and work on my programming. I need to be somewhat functional, not dead exhausted and knocked down with migraines from no caffeine.

He says my addiction is a sign that it's unhealthy, but that doesn't seem like much of a compelling reason that caffeine itself, in moderate doses, is so bad.

Is he right to not allow me to drink coffee? How can I convince him that coffee isn't so bad?
Allow? ALLOW?
I'm not following. Did you vow to Obey Him In All Things when you got married?

Old 12-07-2014, 04:44 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,283,607 times
Maybe because it is Red Bull. How about just drinking regular coffee?

Old 12-07-2014, 04:52 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,877,357 times
I think Bulletproof coffee is atleast healthier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink