Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 02:55 PM

88,682 posts, read 84,998,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Oh, another one I hate: watermelon. Can't even stand the smell of that stuff. Tried it once at a friend's house when I was a little kid, never touched it again. Icky stuff!!!
Send it to me. I eat it almost every day in the summer. I eat an entire watermelon every two or three days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 03:34 PM

19,154 posts, read 25,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Send it to me. I eat it almost every day in the summer. I eat an entire watermelon every two or three days.
Luckily for you, you apparently don't have any allergies to melons.

For years, I relished eating honeydew and prosciutto during the summer, but I always had a scratchy throat & a runny nose afterwards. Periodically, I would eat watermelon during the summer, and I would always have the same symptoms as when I ate honeydew and prosciutto. On every occasion when I ate cantaloupe, the same symptoms would occur.

Finally, during a discussion with my MD regarding my seasonal allergies, I mentioned the symptoms described above. Her response was to inform me that, because those melons come from the same "family" as ragweed, they are likely to produce allergic symptoms in folks--like me--who are allergic to ragweed and other types of pollen that we inhale.

So, like their taste or not, I just can't abide with the physical effects of eating those melons!

Old 08-13-2015, 04:23 PM

88,682 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Luckily for you, you apparently don't have any allergies to melons.

For years, I relished eating honeydew and prosciutto during the summer, but I always had a scratchy throat & a runny nose afterwards. Periodically, I would eat watermelon during the summer, and I would always have the same symptoms as when I ate honeydew and prosciutto. On every occasion when I ate cantaloupe, the same symptoms would occur.

Finally, during a discussion with my MD regarding my seasonal allergies, I mentioned the symptoms described above. Her response was to inform me that, because those melons come from the same "family" as ragweed, they are likely to produce allergic symptoms in folks--like me--who are allergic to ragweed and other types of pollen that we inhale.

So, like their taste or not, I just can't abide with the physical effects of eating those melons!

Very interesting, Retriever!

Old 08-13-2015, 04:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,647,244 times
Watermelon tastes of nothing to me but sugar water. Sugar water within an offputting, fibrous delivery system.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:37 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,253,412 times
Goya fruit. Extremely bitter. It only works when it's used sparingly in meals.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:57 PM

39 posts, read 34,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Watermelon tastes of nothing to me but sugar water. Sugar water within an offputting, fibrous delivery system.
Wow! It my fav berry)) exspessially in my country it is sooo sweet and yummy

And what an me.. When I came first to US I tried avocado OMG !!! I don't like it

Old 08-14-2015, 12:17 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,180,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imunique96 View Post
....And what an me.. When I came first to US I tried avocado OMG !!! I don't like it
Oh yeah, avocado is not so good alone. It needs lime juice and salt mixed in, I like a little mayonnaise too. Or guacamole ... someone else probably has a good recipe for that.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 AM

39 posts, read 34,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Oh yeah, avocado is not so good alone. It needs lime juice and salt mixed in, I like a little mayonnaise too. Or guacamole ... someone else probably has a good recipe for that.
Well I will try once more with something thank you

Old 08-14-2015, 05:49 AM

28,692 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Jackfruit. Nasty stuff. Smells like unwashed azz.

Boiled okra. Snot in a pot.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:53 AM

19,154 posts, read 25,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Goya fruit. Extremely bitter.

Huh?

Is this what you are referring to?
Goya Products

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink