Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 10:45 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times

Advertisements

I like all vegetables but I dislike most raw fruits. I don't mind them in shakes, pies or jams.

the ones I like the least:
Watermelon and all melons (hate them all)
kiwi
Plums
Nectarines
Pineapples
Oranges
grapes
apples
pears
berries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 10:59 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I like all vegetables but I dislike most raw fruits. I don't mind them in shakes, pies or jams.

the ones I like the least:
Watermelon and all melons (hate them all)
kiwi
Plums
Nectarines
Pineapples
Oranges
grapes
apples
pears
berries
More for me.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 AM

241 posts, read 223,483 times
pears

Old 08-11-2015, 12:56 AM

607 posts, read 602,144 times
--Squash and zucchini. YUCK. I tried to eat roasted butternut squash once - ughhh, so gross, and zucchini is also nasty to me.
--Eggplant - I tried it once without knowing what it was and it made me gag. The taste is awful.
Water chestnuts - actually a vegetable, and don't like them.
--CELERY. The taste of celery is WRETCHED - I don't know how anyone eats it.
--I love cooked broccoli/carrots/cauliflower, but I can't stand to eat them raw. I hate the texture - won't touch it raw.
--bell pepper. Just not a fan. I don't loathe it, but I don't really like it much, and will pick it off/out of dishes.
--bok choy. That, along with the water chestnuts, and my dislike of teriyaki - you'll never find me eating stir fry, hah
--I've never tried Durian fruit but obviously I don't need to, to know it's vomit-inducing

I think I tried papaya once and didn't really like it, but that's the only fruit I can think of that I don't like...I LOVE fruit. Mmmmmm berries and bananas and watermelon and cherries and grapefruit and peaches and pineapple and mango, yummmmmmmmmm!!

Old 08-11-2015, 12:57 AM

607 posts, read 602,144 times
OH, beets - I've never tried them but I refuse to, I'm pretty sure I'd hate them. They look disgusting...I refuse to try them. ha.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
... "How can you eat them? They taste like dirt!"
I know, right? Beets taste like the EARTH! I love them for that!
Maybe that means I crave minerals? I love all those root veggies...don't know why...
so earthy for me...maybe I was a farmer in a past life living close to the ground.
The rich colors, also in grape juice, the orange in yams, the yellow of peaches/papayas,
the dark green leafies make me feel I am
giving my body such rich nutrients.

I wonder what nutrition eggplant offers...I will look it up...plain would be pretty blech...
but in parmesan, heaven, or in Greek recipes, yum.

I order roasted, salted brussel sprouts on a platter with EVOO at a certain restaurant, hmm.
I probably would rather have butter.
People in this section know EVOO is extra virgin olive oil, I'm thinking...

Kiwi's taste like strawberries to me...washed and cut into wedges it the only way I
can eat them, the skin is too thin to actually peel.

Seems there are so many similar things on the lists here!

There are people that think cilantro tastes like Ivory soap, I respect that,
someone said there is a scientific reason they found as to why!!...and others that love it.
The same people that dislike it usually strongly dislike patchouli...as in, might gag!
It's a physical difference between some of us, someone explained to me once.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-11-2015 at 07:16 AM..

Old 08-11-2015, 07:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Didn't know!

Eggplant
is also an excellent source of dietary fiber, which can help protect against type 2 diabetes and keeps the digestive system regular.
The vitamins in eggplant consist primarily of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), B vitamins, folate and vitamin C.
Eggplant is also rich in minerals, boasting a large quantity of potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous.
With no fat, six carbs and 27 calories in a 1-cup serving, eggplant makes an excellent addition to any diet

And chlorogenic acid, anti-oxidant...big in fighting free radicals!

Old 08-11-2015, 07:46 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,561 times
Eggplant...

Old 08-11-2015, 08:12 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I can't detect any taste in avocado. It seems like just a bland medium to hold other flavors. I don't like the smushy texture by itself, but it works for the guacamole.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:14 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Didn't know!

Eggplant is also an excellent source of dietary fiber, which can help protect against type 2 diabetes and keeps the digestive system regular.
The vitamins in eggplant consist primarily of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), B vitamins, folate and vitamin C.
Eggplant is also rich in minerals, boasting a large quantity of potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous.
With no fat, six carbs and 27 calories in a 1-cup serving, eggplant makes an excellent addition to any diet

And chlorogenic acid, anti-oxidant...big in fighting free radicals!
Great! Now if only it didn't feel like soggy cardboard in your mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink