Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:36 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, of course the Stepford Wives in training who work at Chik-Fil-A are very accommodating. The management tells them that they will burn in Hell for an eternity unless they are superficially pleasant when dealing with customers.

I've only been to Chik-Fil-A once in my life and it was a pleasant experience as I recall. I'm not sure how to take your comments.

You're assuming all employees at Chik-Fil-A are being superficially pleasant ? Perhaps you'd allow for the occasional fast food employee who truly is a happy individual ?

Secondly, are you saying it would be better if fast food employees were realistically unpleasant rather than superficially pleasant ?

I gather you're either a extremely happy individual all the time, or are in a unique line of work if you don't ever have to be superficially pleasant. I'm generally a happy guy, but I assure you there have been many times in my career where I was "superficially pleasant" to serve the greater good.

Perhaps Chik-Fil-A does promise "fire and brimstone" to unhappy employees.....but other employers also promise their own version of "fire" if you aren't appropriately happy at all times, it's also called a "pink slip".

Last edited by jasper1372; 09-02-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 01:42 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Chick fil A is best. Can't think of worst, rest are equal.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:49 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I've only been to Chik-Fil-A once in my life, but I'm not sure how to take your comments.

Assuming you mean employees at Chik-Fil-A being superficially pleasant is a bad thing, are you saying it would be better if fast food employees were realistically unpleasant ?
It was a jab at Chick Fil-A's outspoken Christian ownership, which of course gets translated into fake friendliness, because it's 2015 and that's where we are in the world.

PS I'm not religious either. I just think religion bashing is the most pointless and absurd thing we've got going in society today. You're either religious or you're not. People need to just shut up and deal with people on both sides of the issue.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:52 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I agree. Chick-Fil-A clearly holds their staff to a higher standard and it shows by being quite a bit better (and friendlier) than almost all of the other fast food chains.
Potbelly's and McAlister's Deli staff is usually really good as well

Old 09-02-2015, 03:43 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Chick-fil-A is probably #1 for me but Culvers comes in close too.

I am not a fan of chick-fil-a's stance on homosexuality, but I give them kudos for a well run business from the bottom up.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:45 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
It was a jab at Chick Fil-A's outspoken Christian ownership, which of course gets translated into fake friendliness, because it's 2015 and that's where we are in the world.

PS I'm not religious either. I just think religion bashing is the most pointless and absurd thing we've got going in society today. You're either religious or you're not. People need to just shut up and deal with people on both sides of the issue.
Meh, it's got nothing to do with their Christian ownership, and everything to do with them pounding a script into the brains of their workers. I have yet to have a genuine interaction with a Chik Fil A worker (though I haven't eaten there that much given they only changed their policies on homosexuality recently). But there is nothing spontaneous or genuine when you're talking to the workers there.

I mean, really, what do I care? These are just people I'm interacting with briefly. But it always leaves me with the feeling that I'm in the Valley of the Uncanny when every request is met by "My pleasure" like I'm talking to a genie or something. I remember one guy in my hometown at the local Wendy's. He was a preacher for a small congregation in his off hours, and he was just a ray of joyful sunshine to everyone who went through the drive thru with his "How may I help you on this beautiful morning?" intro in his booming preacher voice. He was a local legend (and brought SO much money in to the owners of the franchise with his amazing attitude). There would be no place for him at a Chik Fil A because they're not really into personality there from what I can tell.

Actually, thinking about it, Arby's has terrible service. I don't eat there much, but the staff is uniformly unmotivated in my experience.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:00 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,937,091 times
A bad time at Chick Fil A is better than a pretty good experience at most other places. Seriously I think I've been disappointed only a few times and I go A LOT. Whataburgers are pretty decent as well. The usual suspects are pretty bad. Wendy's, BK, McDs. Every once in a while I'll get good service because of a good manager that keeps food pumping out or because of a shining star cashier. It's really just a gamble. Some are on road trips and it's a mix bag depending on where you stop. Some are regular spots though. There was a BK in College Station I used to go a lot because it was probably the best BK I had ever been to. Recently renovated, awesome, friendly staff. Really fast service and the food was always cooked well. Fresh and was never just thrown together like at some places. It was actually better than a nearby Whataburger (which Texans would never admit).

Old 09-02-2015, 07:45 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Meh, it's got nothing to do with their Christian ownership, and everything to do with them pounding a script into the brains of their workers. I have yet to have a genuine interaction with a Chik Fil A worker (though I haven't eaten there that much given they only changed their policies on homosexuality recently). But there is nothing spontaneous or genuine when you're talking to the workers there.

I would rather have fake friendliness than genuine rudeness.

I really doubt that you have ever been to a CFA.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:45 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I would rather have fake friendliness than genuine rudeness.

I really doubt that you have ever been to a CFA.
um, ok. One just opened up down the street from my house. I just started going there. Are you a franchise owner or something? Because you seem really invested in my answer.

In any case, I have never experienced genuine rudeness at a fast-food place. Most of the workers are pretty nice. It's just at the Arby's and Burger King closest to me, they suffer from extreme incompetence.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:45 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Chick FIL A is definitely top of the hill. I'm going to go a little different on the bottom and say Taco Bell. The service 8s rarely consistent and the food, not so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink