Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:34 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,332,106 times

Advertisements

Getting back on topic, while I do not claim any real expertise on Mexican cooking, I have tried literally hundreds of taquerias in Texas, New Mexico and Southern Arizona. Some have been excellent like the birria tacos that I had this afternoon. Some have been truly miserable like the burrito I had at a taco truck in Nogales, AZ where the meat was actually cold and with nice chunks of fat that should have been trimmed off before cooking.

Personally, I enjoy an occasional snack at Taco Bell, especially if it has a crunch factor involved.

I may note that Taco Bell is a Southern California tradition and actually does pretty well in areas with a high Mexican population despite all of the local independents.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-02-2016 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 06:56 PM

416 posts, read 631,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Chipolte, BajaFresh, Qdoba
We don't have any of these anywhere near us. But we do have three Taco Bells within 10 miles of our house.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I much prefer tex-mex to authentic Mexican food.
What's the difference?

Old 04-30-2016, 01:05 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,030,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Taco Bell crunchy beef tacos are my #1 favorite food. I'd never ever eat at the other restaurants in the original post.
I'd rather have their tacos than Thanksgiving dinner...or anything.

It costs $25 when my wife and I eat there. We don't mess around.
Oh my goodness!

This thread inspired me to eat at Taco Bell today for lunch. First time I'd been there in almost a year. I remember the last time I ate there, because I was in the rental car from our major car accident, which happened in June 2015.

My grilled stuft burrito with no avocado ranch, no sour cream and no guacamole, add potatoes, nacho cheese and extra seasoned beef was the biggest carb and calorie bomb I've had in ages, and it was amazing. It was so good that I wanted to eat it all, but I could only eat about 2/3 of it.

My hubby had some kind of "box" thing that included a burrito, a regular taco and some kind of taco that had a dorito-flavored (and colored) shell.

Our meal was only $14 with tax, and we were STUFFED. I absolutely cannot imagine what in the world you guys order for $25. Tasty!

Old 04-30-2016, 10:04 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,633,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Oh my goodness!

This thread inspired me to eat at Taco Bell today for lunch. First time I'd been there in almost a year. I remember the last time I ate there, because I was in the rental car from our major car accident, which happened in June 2015.

My grilled stuft burrito with no avocado ranch, no sour cream and no guacamole, add potatoes, nacho cheese and extra seasoned beef was the biggest carb and calorie bomb I've had in ages, and it was amazing. It was so good that I wanted to eat it all, but I could only eat about 2/3 of it.

My hubby had some kind of "box" thing that included a burrito, a regular taco and some kind of taco that had a dorito-flavored (and colored) shell.

Our meal was only $14 with tax, and we were STUFFED. I absolutely cannot imagine what in the world you guys order for $25. Tasty!

I usually get a double tostada and a bean burrito and a senior drink(free)...total with tax $2.79. Love it and it fills me up.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:07 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,658,431 times
Like White Castle, Taco Bell can be nostalgic. (Whatever happened to the "Yo Quiero..." dog and the "Make a Run For the Border" ad campaign?) It's a place that seems like it's always been there and they're all over - a familiar place to stop.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:36 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,449,901 times
How are McDonalds and other fast food burger places in business when there are much better burger places out there, almost as cheap and fast? How is Arby's still in business when there are plenty of places to get a quick, delicious beef sandwich that's more like "real food"? Taco Bell isn't authentic Mexican, but if you went to someone's home and they cooked you the same quarter pounder you'd get at Burger King, you wouldn't be very impressed. It's not authentic American food really. Personally, the rare times I eat fast food I eat at Taco Bell because I can get a decent veggie meal with a 7 layer burrito.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:19 PM

50,406 posts, read 64,141,570 times
I just drove thru a Taco Bell and got 2 crispy beef tacos and a packet of hot sauce. It was $2. and it served the purpose. I got what I expected, and it was fine for the price.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 926,708 times
Taco Bell is affordable, pretty much. Personally, I stopped messing with it (no telling what ingredients they put in the food).

Old 04-30-2016, 01:06 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,730,800 times
Taco Bell is very popular in some parts of Latin America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink