Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 11:48 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Want!!!
You'd be more than welcome!

Old 10-06-2017, 12:58 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Tomato pie
Roasted okra
Fruit

Old 10-06-2017, 02:46 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
I will supervise the girls make chicken stir fry

They ate take out almost every night for the 7 weeks I was in the hospital! I have the credit card statements to prove it! I think they made Ragu or fish sticks and some frozen dinner at home but they sure did eat out alot.

I've been home a little more than a week and I've made only 2 real meals myself. Both were relatively simple and the girls helped some but honestly by 5 o'clock I'm really in pain and worn out. Also it is hard to cook in a wheelchair and I'm so afraid I will bang up the kitchen cabinets cause it is kind of tight in there.

We've been eating take out salad bar from Harris Teeter. They sell it by weight and we all get exactly what we want but it isn't cheap.

I can pull up and stand up for a few minutes at the sink but I'm not allowed to walk yet. I still have on my horrible big black boots and will for another 6 weeks at least but I am healing like I'm supposed to and doc says for a diabetic, overweight and 71 year old woman, I'm doing much better than he expected. I have a lot to motivate me! I hope I never have to eat another yucky cold hospital meal again. I really want to start cooking decent meals again.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:49 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Pan frying thin, boneless pork chops. I will overcook and over salt, just the way I like them.

Mashed cauliflower and gravy, and salad loaded with veggies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2017, 02:56 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,009,900 times
Thank goodness I've got only 3 frozen dinners to go. Blech! I've taken to eating them for each & every meal to rid my freezer of these monsters asap.

Tonight's frightfully horrid dinner was Lean Cuisine fish with pasta in tomato sauce... oh yuck! It had a ginger-garlic flavor that was beyond horrid, but I managed to swallow the fish & tossed the rest. These are good dinners to be served during the Halloween witching season... they'll surely scare the goblins & mummies away.

In my recent venture to do poorly with all food & drink, I sprung for a Jack-O Traveler Pumpkin Shandy to see if I'd like it for a change, but it's far too sweet to be enjoyed. It tastes like a good ingredient for pumpkin pie, with a kick.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

They ate take out almost every night for the 7 weeks I was in the hospital! I have the credit card statements to prove it! I think they made Ragu or fish sticks and some frozen dinner at home but they sure did eat out alot.

I've been home a little more than a week and I've made only 2 real meals myself. Both were relatively simple and the girls helped some but honestly by 5 o'clock I'm really in pain and worn out. Also it is hard to cook in a wheelchair and I'm so afraid I will bang up the kitchen cabinets cause it is kind of tight in there.

We've been eating take out salad bar from Harris Teeter. They sell it by weight and we all get exactly what we want but it isn't cheap.

I can pull up and stand up for a few minutes at the sink but I'm not allowed to walk yet. I still have on my horrible big black boots and will for another 6 weeks at least but I am healing like I'm supposed to and doc says for a diabetic, overweight and 71 year old woman, I'm doing much better than he expected. I have a lot to motivate me! I hope I never have to eat another yucky cold hospital meal again. I really want to start cooking decent meals again.
no kudzu, we are all so pleased that you are back. You've been missed. I hope you recover quickly and will be back in the kitchen in no time!

Old 10-06-2017, 04:11 PM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

Oh kudzu welcome back everyone missed you and I am so glad you are back home with family .To hear you are healing well is good news and I hope you continue healing well.It will be an uphill journey for you but just know we are all here at your side joining you on your long journey back to walking.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:43 PM

983 posts, read 1,182,375 times
Quote:
Pan frying thin, boneless pork chops. I will overcook and over salt, just the way I like them.

Mashed cauliflower and gravy, and salad loaded with veggies.
Don't they get really dried out and chewy / tough when over cooked ?

Old 10-06-2017, 07:54 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
Don't they get really dried out and chewy / tough when over cooked ?
Yes, for some reason I love them like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2017, 07:56 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
Quote:
Yes, for some reason I love them like that.
I do too. Pork is one meat that completely changes flavor when its overcooked. That's one thing my mother didn't ruin by cooking to death, and I still like it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink