Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 07:36 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Actually this concept about McDonalds being bad for you exists mostly only in America
Not really. When I've been in the UK I've seen a few McDonalds and everyone knows the food is bad for you. People there seem to be more aware than a lot of people here. And the few obese people I've seen in the UK were walking out of McDonalds. In the UK there's a whole lot more interest in locally sourced and organic foods. I've heard the same thing about Spain and France. Where people care about their food, they are in the know about the junk sold at McDonalds.

A lot of the junk additives that are allowed in food over here are banned in other countries. People wouldn't eat the fake junk we eat here.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:42 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
All I know is my dog threw up after eating McNuggets. I would not give them to my child.
Well there you go.

Hundreds of millions of people have eaten chicken McNuggets and managed just fine, but your analysis that it must be those McNuggets that caused your dog to throw up, without any effort to isolate and mitigate other variables, therefore they cannot be fed to your children.

Scientific method is alive and well.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:45 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
\And the few obese people I've seen in the UK were walking out of McDonalds.
UK has an obesity rate of 28%. Did you see almost 1/3 of the population exiting a McDonalds and decide they must be declared "few" as opposed to the 33% in USA?

Old 02-16-2018, 08:36 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,682,636 times
I cannot support this bulls---. HAPPY MEALS are a treat for the kids once in a while, and to cave in and remove favorites off the kids menu is about as dumb as removing ice cream from Dairy Queen. McDonald's has already made a big mistake by switching their cooking grease to a "healthier" one because their french fries have been tasteless ever.

The 'Super-Size Me' movie that was out several years ago was nothing but fecal propaganda and I can't believe that people actually fell for it. Because I have never known ANYBODY that eats at McDonald, or any burger/fast food place, EVERY DAY. People can eat just as unhealthy in their own homes.

Soon I will stop at McDonald's for a Shamrock Shake, which I love and look forward to every year. Hope to Hell they still have it.

Stupid!

Old 02-16-2018, 09:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
All I know is my dog threw up after eating McNuggets. I would not give them to my child.
Oh please. I’ve been eating McNuggets since 1985, and they’ve never made me throw up.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:10 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Tasteless fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
I cannot support this bulls---. HAPPY MEALS are a treat for the kids once in a while, and to cave in and remove favorites off the kids menu is about as dumb as removing ice cream from Dairy Queen. McDonald's has already made a big mistake by switching their cooking grease to a "healthier" one because their french fries have been tasteless ever.
So true! Their fries aren't even half as good as back in the old days.
They used to be known for their fries being so good. No any more, not since they changed the cooking oil. That was NOT a smart move.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:23 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
So true! Their fries aren't even half as good as back in the old days.
They used to be known for their fries being so good. No any more, not since they changed the cooking oil. That was NOT a smart move.
Their fries taste like ass now nothing tastes as good as it did back then. People aren't avoiding mcds due to calories it's due to taste!

Old 02-16-2018, 10:07 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,790 times
I would also assume that a lot of parents would prefer not to feed their kids at McDonald's but succumb to the children's demands driven by the crazy amount of TV advertising the kids are exposed to. I don't have any children but my assumption is that most kids don't really care about the food. Kids want the toys and make sure mom and dad know it.

Not trying to be an apologist for McDonald's but I would think this would make it easier on parents who would prefer not to give their kids red meat and dairy every time the kids want McDonald's. Again not having kids I'm not sure how much pressure parents with young ones must feel to take their children to McDonald's but I would think saying no is akin to telling them they are never going to Disney World.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
I would also assume that a lot of parents would prefer not to feed their kids at McDonald's but succumb to the children's demands...I would think saying no is akin to telling them they are never going to Disney World.
My thin, athletic child ate at McDonald's growing up and continues to eat at McDonald's. Saying "No, we are eating at home tonight." never elicited a negative response from my child.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:12 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
... removing cheeseburgers
Pretty sure McDonald's doesn't serve cheeseburgers. I mean, they have something on the menu called cheeseburgers, but they ain't cheeseburgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink