Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:39 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I won`t go to Olive Garden after watching their commercial`s. All the dishes look like a big pile of slop. I would rather quality then quantity....don`t think you are getting quality with those prices
I've noticed the same thing. It's really puzzled me that they would advertise something that looks so unappealing. I guess maybe they're trying to manage expectations?

Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 PM

359 posts, read 320,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I was trying to save them the dirty plate and the extra step LOL.
I doubt that was your thinking process at the time. Nice try though!

Old 04-06-2018, 01:48 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
i just dont think they should say unlimited then :/. I didn't ask for ten plates, just one to take home. I think they should make exceptions. it's the same when they served it to me then said i could order it and have it packed up. Why be so sneaky? They shouldnt say its unlimited if they mean you have to eat it there. that makes no sense

but yeah I can see people taking advantage of that. I didnt mean to, i just wanted some spaghetti to take home. i felt like i was reasonable but maybe not i guess.
Sorry, but I think you were wrong, too. It’s like someone going to a buffet, and loading up takeout for several days worth of dinners. All you can eat, means all you can eat for that meal.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:02 PM

133 posts, read 87,695 times
I'm pretty sure I have seen signs at all-you-can-eat buffets that state no to-go bags so it's not even an option to stuff your face and then take home a whole other meal on top of it.

Also, even if you had innocent intentions, people could easily take a whole meal home (salad, breadsticks, and pasta) to their spouse or kids....so I would say the spirit of 'unlimited' is while you're in the building.

To be honest, the last thing I want after I just stuffed my face is more of the same thing for later. Especially Olive Garden.
It isn't that good....

Old 04-06-2018, 02:07 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
I just gave up on dieting lol. I'm still trying but not as much. My guy and I eat out a lot and it's just hard to do. I love food WAY too much lol. And dessert. I have a grill pan so who knows. i want to start grilling my own chicken and veggies but i just work all the time and then eat out
lol

Old 04-06-2018, 02:19 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,133,264 times
Quote:
Well that makes sense! I guess I just didn’t think I’d be a huge deal since I didn’t have a lot of spaghetti. But in that case I won’t do it again. But I also won’t get a egular plate again. I’ll just stick with unlimited soup salad and breadsticks. I normally eat until I’m full then if I have breadsticks left over I take them home.
Are you saying you expect them to give you free salad, soup, and breadsticks if you don't buy an entree?
The unlimited salad, soup and breadsticks if to accompany an entree. For someone who eats out a lot you don't seem to grasp the basics of doing so.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:22 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
We used to call Olive Garden the italian Denny's
you were being kind.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:34 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Are you saying you expect them to give you free salad, soup, and breadsticks if you don't buy an entree?
The unlimited salad, soup and breadsticks if to accompany an entree. For someone who eats out a lot you don't seem to grasp the basics of doing so.
You can order that as a meal.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:38 PM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
i love olive garden and had not been in a long time. it's one of my favorite places to eat actually because i love their soup and salad. Normally if I just get unlimited soup and salad the price is actually reasonable. I get full, i stay within my budget, and it's a nicer place than a fast food restaurant. lately, I've been trying different places in my city to eat, more independent restaurants and less fast food. But last week I decided to go there for lunch since i hadn't been in soooo long.

well, they had a few dinners that were unlimited so I chose the cheapest one which was there spaghetti. With that I got the unlimited soup and bread stick which comes with every meal.

I had three bowls of soup, some breadsticks (just one order of those since it was just me). I got full quickly so I just ate half of my spaghetti. I asked for another soup to go and also asked if I could have a plate of spaghetti to go. I also planned to take my other half of my already eaten spaghetti

Now the waiter wasn't rude about it, but he told me he could get me the soup but he would have to ask managment about the spaghetti. I waited and he said that his manager said no. But he said what I could do was box up the spaghetti I had now, then orderanother bowl of spaghetti. Once I got it, he would just box it up for me.

Lol, he was nice but was I wrong to be confused by this?? I thought it was unlimited, that you can get as much as you want. I don't think I was being crazy or taking avantage of it. I didn't have ten plates or anything. I just had one order of spaghetti and wanted to take home another plate to have the next day. Plus whenever you order another plate when you get unlimited, the second plate is always smaller 9i think half). that doesn't bother me, because I was just going to add it to my leftover spaghetti.

I just thought it was crazy that we had to be so sneaky about it lol. anyway do you think thats weird? do you think i was taking advantage? has this happened ot you?
IMO...Yes you were taking advantage. I would have been embarrassed to be with you. Eat until you are full....then end it

Old 04-06-2018, 02:55 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
All you can eat and unlimited ALWAYS (99%) mean what you can eat while you sit there.
Agreed. You can't load up and take out. That makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink