Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 11:06 AM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Wonder why the OP is concerned with not getting her DH upset, when he seems to be not concerned in the least about making HER upset.
This type of situation is always a red flag. Since she's pregnant, he should be rushing to help her, and make life easier for her. If he were an adult psychologically, and not a child, that's what would come naturally to him.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:55 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,610 times
OP- your grown man husband is acting like a child. And expecting you to be his "mommy".
I would agree with whomever advised you to go see an attorney. No, do not tell him.
Go and find out what you need to know in this situation. Legal wise.
Time to cut your losses and get the heck out of that so called "marriage".

Old 05-13-2018, 12:06 PM

219 posts, read 157,864 times
Hmmm. Two of my prime deal-breakers when I was dating was refusing to engage in a serious relationship with a man who was a picky eater or did not want children as those are two things that are nearly impossible to change. Since you already married this man-child and he's not only making your life more difficult than it needs to me, but is teaching his child his craptastic behavior and eating habits, here's my advice: rather than asking this petulant man what he wants to eat for dinner, figure out what foods and/or food preparations that he definitely loathes. Eliminate those from the family table then cook what ever you'd like to eat. If your husband's behavior continues, you have more than a food problem on your hands as the meals are then part of a larger issue that has little if anything to do with the cuisine. Bonne chance.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:33 PM

19 posts, read 15,169 times
Hi everyone

Today's update

We had another chat today, about deeper issue than just food, i followed your advices and told him everything that i didn't like in his behaviour, he didn't like it... like the cleaning and tyding part...

But he actually took some action in the good way and help me a lot today, i even had time for myself, not just cleaning all day, that was great

Dinner went ok, no complaining during lunch time, just later on in the afternoon,
Our son didn't eat anything, he tried rice for the 1st time and wouldn't eat, so he end up not eating at all, i didn't prepare anything else, so my husband told me that the dinner was really bland... tasteless, so he wasn't surprise the little man didn't eat it... i told him if wasn't happy he could cook next time! It was something, easy, rice cook in a vegetable stock, breaded chichen for him, beef mince for my son and I, tomatoes for me, and fryied carrot for them. i tried to keep it simple... no matter what i do, he doesn't seem to work...

For tonight, we had someone over, so we couldn't have a family dinner, our son was starving all day, because he didn't eat anything from lunch and was asking for food all day, i kept offering the rice but he wouldn't try so at 7pm i had to give something to eat, his usual pasta... i couldn't let him starve for longer he was crying saying he was hungry... so people that say, starve them, they will eat what we want eventually, i'm sorry but it doesn't work... he has some will power this little fella...

For my husband and i, we put the little man in bed and then ate on the coach, him pizza, me a sandwich, but i guess it's ok, the little man was in bed

So today wasn't a great day food wise, but great about the other issues, so i guess i'm getting somewhere... i think...

Old 05-13-2018, 03:44 PM

6,310 posts, read 4,204,998 times
Well keep a bottle of spicy condiments on table or food tray and point to it when manbaby whines food is bland.

As for wee ones I found they can go through phases. My sister was a very fussy child and lived on peas and French fries for a year and in despair my mother took her to the docs . He declared as long as she is getting other nutrients not to worry about it. I say not to try so much. My granddaughter loves fish flakes in rice balls currently and now won’t touch broccoli or some other dishes she loved last month. She also has decided any food that is too dark is a no no.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
How old is your son? A toddler? He probably really was hungry; I would have caved in and given him something to eat that I knew he liked. I wouldn't be able to stand hearing a child crying and asking for food because they were hungry. Husband is a different story; he can fix his own if he doesn't like what you cook.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:10 PM

115 posts, read 205,301 times
Takeout, McDonald's. Taco Johns, KFC.
Strike, quit being a maid.
If that doesn't work....divorce. simple.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:04 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,743,389 times
How long have you been together/married? I find It hard to believe you didn't know about his eating habits earlier. With that said, I'm glad you had a talk with him as this could ruin your marriage. Compromises must be made on both ends.

As far as your child is concerned (I have 2) he eats what you make. Period!

Old 05-13-2018, 09:56 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
Here's another idea, but depending on where you live, this may or may not be a possibility. Some towns have adult education classes in cooking. You and your husband take a class or separate classes (if available) and then share cooking duties during the week.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:09 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I think it is pretty clear that the husband has no interest in learning to cook.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink