Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 05:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh, Dawn, you sweet naive darling.
That's how it's done in Canada.

https://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/a...e-burgers-hot/

Old 03-06-2019, 05:29 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,099 times
I like them occasionally but also prefer the little hamburgers as well. This is what all the driveins had before they all went big time with a hundred different sandwiches. I remember when Hardee’s was called Sandy’s and they had the Scottish logos. I’d get a burger, fries and a chocolate shake. It was a big treat to go there with my Mom.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:42 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
haven't had one since they did a promotion of 20 cents each I bought 15 of them for my son and I - we ate most of them

Old 03-06-2019, 08:00 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
DRIVE -THRU ADVENTURE: My chihuahua loves them, plain. He'll even chew the cheese off the bread. Oh, and with a ice-water.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:14 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
I agree with both of you. I enjoy the regular cheeseburger too and that is what I usually buy when eating at McDonalds. When I do order, I always order without pickles and onions. One reason is the pickles are just nasty soggy things and I do not like raw onions. The other reason is that the cheeseburger is made fresh for me rather than sitting under a heat lamp.
The onions they use are dried onions that are rehydrated. A bit easier on the stomach than fresh raw onions, at least. It's funny how everyone has such different taste buds, I love the pickles and onions on my hamburger.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Are there any fans of the classic cheeseburger from McDonald's? I'm talking about the small burger with just one small patty, cheese, mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle, on a plain bun.

Now, when I was younger I used to love these. I can still almost remember how the first one tasted. I loved them for years. It was the perfect combination of ingredients in my opinion. But...for some reason they haven't tasted good to me in a LONG time. I go months or years without eating one. But I'm always disappointed every time. Yet, there are people I know who still love them as much as they ever did. But to me the ONIONS are just sort of overpowering. Sometimes I will order it without the onions and it is almost bearable. But they just sort of slowly faded away in their appeal over the years.

However, when it comes to the Big Mac, it tastes exactly the way it always has to me. Even the ONIONS taste good and they are the exact same kind. I discovered both of these burgers around the same time, but I still love the Big Mac. So this just doesn't make sense.

Can anyone else relate?
/Raises hand! Those and their fries are the only things I like at McDonald's. I get them with no cheese, no onions -only mustard and pickles. I like them so much that sometimes if I am going on long drive by myself I just get an overwhelming urge to stop and get 2 of them and a small fry.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
When we had to have one of our dogs put down we stopped at McDonald's and bought him as many dollar hamburgers as he could eat. We bought them 5 at a time, he ended up eating 23 of them, he was a big boy and a great friend, and he died happy. I would be cool with that as my "going away party"

Old 03-07-2019, 05:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
The onions they use are dried onions that are rehydrated. A bit easier on the stomach than fresh raw onions, at least. It's funny how everyone has such different taste buds, I love the pickles and onions on my hamburger.
I wish I could get over the onions. I actually love regular onions on burgers. But there is something about the texture of the little ones. And it's strange because they taste better on the Big Macs.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:56 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Now, when I was younger I used to love these. I can still almost remember how the first one tasted. I loved them for years. It was the perfect combination of ingredients in my opinion. But...for some reason they haven't tasted good to me in a LONG time. I go months or years without eating one. But I'm always disappointed every time. Yet, there are people I know who still love them as much as they ever did. But to me the ONIONS are just sort of overpowering. Sometimes I will order it without the onions and it is almost bearable. But they just sort of slowly faded away in their appeal over the years.
I'm not sure about your age, but my first experience with McDonald's came in the mid 1960s. The food was made differently then, not frozen for as long a period of time, and it didn't have a bunch of additives put in so that it wouldn't taste like fried cardboard. At one time they cut their fries fresh at every restaurant, and you could watch through the window as they were being cut. Now they are frozen and they have artificial additives to make them more crisp when they are fried.

There is no comparison between the taste then and now. Their food was much better in years past, and IMO it is due to the corners they have cut in the massive expansion of both the chain and the menu.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
I like them, once a week. When I was a kid my mom would take us to Spokane every summer, a long drive from western Montana. We visited her sister there and we got to go to McDs. That was an event!!! McDs once a year!!! I'd get a vanilla shake fries, QP and a cheesburger. My mom hated the food.

I had 2 daughter that liked Burger King cheeseburgers and McDs fries. We'd go to the BK on Washington Ave in Kent Wa and while we ordered in BK she ran over to McDs and bought fries. They never took to McDs except for the fries. BK or Wendys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink