Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 05:10 AM

50,403 posts, read 64,119,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think I have bought them from the store unless from the bakery section in years. I love to get them at Fresh Market but my budget says "Nita, get you fingers off those cookies" Sometimes I listen to my budget sometimes I do not obey
I know right? FM Kitchen Sink cookies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 05:54 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,467,531 times
My favorites were the packages of vanilla and chocolate cream filled cookies (look like Oreos and are called duplex cookies) and are an off brand. Also like Oreos, Chips Ahoy, those chocolate covered marshmallow cookies with the cookie crust on the bottom.....there probably isn't a store bought cookie I wouldn't like.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:32 AM

20,731 posts, read 4,480,159 times
Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies (blue can)

Freihofer's Chocolate Chip Cookies (equivalent to crack, there so good) lol

Nonnies Turtle Pecan Biscotti
Nonnies Lemon Biscotti
Nonnies Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti

Old 11-22-2019, 11:17 AM

130,632 posts, read 12,166,919 times
Ginger snaps

Old 11-22-2019, 11:55 AM

126,307 posts, read 19,093,078 times
On very rare occasion I have bought Bahlsen biscuits and cookies.I do buy yearly around the holiday season Belgium premium biscuit tins as gifts and 1 box for ourselves.

Old 11-22-2019, 12:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 672,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Some are better than others. Not as good as homemade, but still a cookie. I like Archway. Their Windmill/Molasses cookies are really good. Their Lemon cookies are good, too.
What are some of your favorites?
Oh Nanny Goat your thread brings back some great memories. Growing up there was an Archway bakery/plant about ten miles from my hometown. As a result all the local stores carried Archway cookies, but they sold at times direct from the plant at greatly reduced prices. When any of the neighborhood mothers bought a box from the plant, children of the neighborhood were in heaven. My favorite Archway was black walnut fudge bars but they were all good, almost homemade tasting.

My favorite now is my wife's cranberry-walnut oatmeal.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,945,199 times
Pepperidge Farm Gingermen or Brussels (I think that is the one you are thinking of, OzzyRules).

I'm a new fan of the thin Oreo mint cookies. They taste a lot like Girl Scout Thin Mints and are excellent straight from the freezer.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:47 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies (blue can)

Freihofer's Chocolate Chip Cookies (equivalent to crack, there so good) lol

Nonnies Turtle Pecan Biscotti
Nonnies Lemon Biscotti
Nonnies Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Freihofer's are regional only, right? I grew up on those. Yes, they were good!

Old 11-22-2019, 02:49 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
Oh Nanny Goat your thread brings back some great memories. Growing up there was an Archway bakery/plant about ten miles from my hometown. As a result all the local stores carried Archway cookies, but they sold at times direct from the plant at greatly reduced prices. When any of the neighborhood mothers bought a box from the plant, children of the neighborhood were in heaven. My favorite Archway was black walnut fudge bars but they were all good, almost homemade tasting.

My favorite now is my wife's cranberry-walnut oatmeal.
Wow, 10 miles. I don't remember the fudge bars, but we always had Archway cookies growing up. Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal cookies sound like heaven.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:54 PM

12,056 posts, read 8,458,700 times
I almost never buy cookies. Most of the snacks we crave are salty/savory.

But occasionally I'll pick up a box of Walker's shortbread cookies. And DH will sometimes bring home pecan sandies or lemon cookies. I'm not sure what brand he favors. He's not as fussy as I am. While taking a look I stumbled upon an Oreo blond cookie with lemon filling, special edition. Will have to let him know.

You who love the special Pepperidge Farm ones are right. All of them are tasty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink