Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 12:40 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,567 times

Advertisements

I just remembered favorite cookies I bought at my convience store (no longer available because the company sold to Kwik Trip. Truly sad )

It was the Best Maid cookies by the Rise Baking company. The convience store would get the dough frozen and bake them in house. Chocolate chip and the M&M cookies were my favorite! After three years, I miss them still!

Tonight silly me thought, I'm going to open a cookie store to sell these cookies! Ha! Just need a little space and an oven! Yeah, not going to happen.

Ah well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 08:01 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
Archway Molasses is the best gingerbread (with icing)???

Old 07-22-2021, 08:19 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,422,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I used to put those in the refrigerator so they would be extra chewy.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Yes. Gingerbread has molasses in the recipes I've read.

You don't have to include Molasses in your gingerbread, of course. These are soft and spicy. To me, Archway Molasses is a delicious gingerbread cookie.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I used to put those in the refrigerator so they would be extra chewy.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:26 AM

5 posts, read 3,318 times
I also like Walker's Shortbread. I recommend it

Old 07-22-2021, 08:36 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Quote:
I found some nice soft ones in a European bakery in a nearby big city after an exhaustive search, but unfortunately it's considered a strictly seasonal item. I don't see why it should be! They don't have to be "man" shaped... If it's thin and crisp, then it's indistinguishable from a ginger snap, IMO.
Make them any shape as long as they're available all the time.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:37 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Frankly, it is impossible to narrow down to one cookie as a favorite. I tend to prefer soft and chewy over crisp and snappy, but there are definitely exceptions. As the decades have passed, taste has also changed a lot.

German chocolate covered lebkuchen cookies from TJ's when in season - takes me back to when I was living in Europe. Also, Jaffa cakes, originally from the UK - traditional Jaffa flavor, but the store I frequent with European imports carries versions with cherry, strawberry, and raspberry fillings too. Also Tim Tams - wow, are they tasty. From Italy - Loacker is a brand that makes delicious and unique cookies. From Holland, gotta love the speckloos cookies! One or two tops, maybe every two months or so.

As a child, I ate a lot of American made cookies. I used to love Mothers' Circus Animals cookies, and chewy Chips Ahoy. As a young adult, I favored those Keebler and Pepperidge Farm cookies, like pecan sandies and the fancy bag big cookies like the Tahoes. And who makes those chocolate chessmen cookies? Lately, I can't stomach any of them - they are, as many have mentioned, too sweet and taste like chemicals. I get terrible dyspepsia if I try to eat one now.
I'll have to check some of these out from World Market, the Tim Tams and Loacker sound good. Thxs!

Old 07-22-2021, 08:51 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Yes. Gingerbread has molasses in the recipes I've read.

You don't have to include Molasses in your gingerbread, of course. These are soft and spicy. To me, Archway Molasses is a delicious gingerbread cookie.
But they don't have icing, right? I'll have to check those out (always looking for gingerbread); thanks!

Old 07-22-2021, 09:16 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,265 times
They don't make these anymore, but Sunshine Raisin Biscuits were my favorite. I found a copycat recipe, but they are a pain to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink