Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:48 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times

Advertisements

(No, I don't work for them or sell their product)

I have had this grill now for a year or so. I have the one with the removable plates so if I damage one, I can replace just the plate and not the whole grill. It also has the plates for waffles and a flat grill like you make omeletes on. You can change the angle of the grill so its slanted for the fats to run off OR make it flat for other kinds of cooking.

I have even been using it to toast my bread. My beloved toaster of many years broke down and rather taking up space on the counter with another appliance, I just use the grill to do it. It also works great to heat up tortillas.

I have also been making Paninis with it. It does pretty well. I no longer make grilled cheese sandwiches on it now but have been adding meat to them as well. I have even been making a cross between a hamburger and a panini. I like to use rustic style bread that is the long oval slices.

OH and its fabulous to make bacon. I have a tendancy to burn bacon when I make it on the stove but on the grill, it keeps it flat and I set it in medium so it doesn't burn.

What they say is true, because it heats from both sides it does cook things faster.

Does anyone else have a GF grill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:46 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,433,232 times
I used to. I forgot they even existed. I certainly didn't use mine as extensively as you do. But, I'm in California and a real grill is just around the corner. But, the tortilla thing. Wish I had thought of that.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I used to. I forgot they even existed. I certainly didn't use mine as extensively as you do. But, I'm in California and a real grill is just around the corner. But, the tortilla thing. Wish I had thought of that.
Yea, I wish I had a real barbeque grill but I don't.

It works for so much its amazing. I hate having alot of stuff on the counter.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:14 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,107,915 times
Lindsey, is yours the kind that you can roast a chicken in? I've been thinking of buying one of these GF beasties, and I figure I might as well get one that does as much as possible. How many of those "sorta panini" hbgrs can you fit into yours?

Old 05-25-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Lindsey, is yours the kind that you can roast a chicken in? I've been thinking of buying one of these GF beasties, and I figure I might as well get one that does as much as possible. How many of those "sorta panini" hbgrs can you fit into yours?
I can probably do two of the panini hamburgers.
They do make a larger one but its just my daughter and I.

You can't roast a chicken in it but you can certainly cook chicken breast in it reather well.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:00 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,307,324 times
i have one of the old school george forman grills. i have had it for about ten years and love it. i found it also works great for bacon amoung other things.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:37 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,351,453 times
I've got the Hamilton Beach brand equivalent to the Foreman with the removable plates. I use it all the time...it's great for grilling asparagus.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Thumbs up Three Thumbs Up

I've got a GF, but not with removable pieces. Still, it's great for things like steaks or chicken. It's especially good when I'm making fajita meats and grilling onions. I may even try salmon one day on the GF rather than in the pan, probably next week.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:19 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
I love love love our George Foreman grill. We are on our second one. We had the original and when they came out with the one with the removable plates that can go in the dishwasher-we upgraded.

I grill everything on it-meat, veggies, etc. I make yummy quesadillas on it too.

Nicolem

Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 PM

187 posts, read 674,999 times
I've got a little GF grill. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should've splurged and bought a bigger one, but for the most part it serves my purposes nicely. I've grilled up salmon fillets with a little bit of olive oil, and it's come out nicely every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink