Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 07:54 PM

1,204 posts, read 935,624 times

Advertisements

Two local grocery stores list cups of ready to eat pomegranate seeds in their online ordering systems. They often are out if stocks but whenever they’re in stock, I order a cup. Delicious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2023, 08:07 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,705,166 times
The seeds are delicious.

Until last year, I always just sucked out the juice. Didn’t know the whole aril was good to eat till I tried it. Now there’s no looking back and I wonder what took me so freaking long to try it!

Disclosure: I also eat kiwi fruit with the skin on. Best done by slicing into thin wheels, to get the right proportion of pulp and seed to skin per bite.

Old 01-05-2023, 08:22 PM

612 posts, read 1,513,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I always get a bit sad this time of year when the pomegranates are no longer being sold.

In my area (not sure if other parts of US are different), we only get pomegranates during November and December. I make a point to eat several per week each holiday season. I could probably eat an entire one (or at least half) every day if they were available.

I can't explain why I love them so much - for me, the seeds are the perfect combination of sour, sweet, and crunchy. I wish they were for sale all year round. You can buy the juice year round, which is good, but eating the seeds is much more satisfying.

Any other fans such as me? I may be an outlier on this.
I live in west and also get it from Oct till Dec/Jan. I saw videos on freezing them. I freezed some and is going good. I too wish they were available all year.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:33 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
I live in west and also get it from Oct till Dec/Jan. I saw videos on freezing them. I freezed some and is going good. I too wish they were available all year.
I had never thought to freeze them! I will have to try it.

Old 01-06-2023, 04:19 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorthretiree View Post
Two local grocery stores list cups of ready to eat pomegranate seeds in their online ordering systems. They often are out if stocks but whenever they’re in stock, I order a cup. Delicious!
I'm sorry to say those prepackaged ones are even better than the ripest pomegranates I've had whole. They get the absolute best seeds and package and sell them for ridiculous prices.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:52 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
The seeds are delicious.

Until last year, I always just sucked out the juice. Didn’t know the whole aril was good to eat till I tried it. Now there’s no looking back and I wonder what took me so freaking long to try it!

Disclosure: I also eat kiwi fruit with the skin on. Best done by slicing into thin wheels, to get the right proportion of pulp and seed to skin per bite.

Yes, I sometimes eat the skins too.
That's where the added nutrition is!

Old 01-06-2023, 02:26 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
I know where there are several pomegranate trees in a parking lot, and no one picks them. I make it a point to drive by a couple of times every year when they are ripe (October-November) and pick a few. My kids really like them.

Old 01-06-2023, 03:41 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
I just started eating the pre-packaged seeds from "POM." Not cheap but delicious!

Old 01-06-2023, 04:21 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I know where there are several pomegranate trees in a parking lot, and no one picks them. I make it a point to drive by a couple of times every year when they are ripe (October-November) and pick a few. My kids really like them.
Wow - I am jealous! I would pick some too.

I just scored four more at a local Kroger. I am going to go back through all my receipts and see if I can figure out how many I ate this season.

Old 01-06-2023, 10:47 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
well just to wave goodbye to this years pomegranate bounty, I asked my "neighbor with a tree" if they had any left. Nope.

Oh well. a reason to live for Fall 2023.

Maybe I'll buy some of them POM blisterpacks to get thru the next few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink