Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 10:09 AM

116 posts, read 36,356 times

Advertisements

A family owned restaurant in Georgia. It was on December of 2022, when I had taken myself and the kids to the Peach Bowl.

Food was fantastic. Real comfort food. The BBQ was amazing. Probably the best ribs that I have ever had. That is saying a lot since I live in Texas and BBQ is important down here.

I still recommend Salt Lick's to anyone who plans to visit Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 11:53 AM

733 posts, read 467,314 times
Just a simple spaghetti and meatball dinner made by my great-grandmother who was born in Napoli. My parents and I lived with her for a few years while my parents saved money for a house. It was delicious. I also remember a soup made with dandelions or pastine. For dessert we had pizzelles and other Italian cookies my grandmother made, and a really good cheesecake my great-aunt learned how to make when she lived in Brooklyn with her Jewish husband and his family.

My great- grandmother also made very good pizza too. She would often make several and walk to her children’s and grandchildren’s houses and deliver them. If no one was home, she’d leave them on the back porch, and we’d come home to a delicious pizza just waiting for us! Those were good times!

Old 02-09-2024, 12:44 PM

3,265 posts, read 1,747,333 times
About 8 years ago my Mrs & I were up in the Lakes region of New Hampshire for an extended weekend.
I had asked at the B&B where I could get a good steak. I can't recall the name of the place, but I do remember there was a dry aged steak. Up until then I'd never had one. This steak was the best thing I'd ever eaten, it was well marbled without being fatty, no gristle and cooked to my preferred medium rare (Warm, pink center.) They even had my favorite ale Bass, which is unfortunately, no longer being made anywhere. But oh! That steak was so good! The place which offered it is no longer, another victim of Covid.

Now I'm on a quest to find another dry aged steak.

Old 02-10-2024, 08:44 AM

733 posts, read 467,314 times
Best meal I ever had in a restaurant was in Athens in 1985. Don’t remember the name of it now, but I had Pastitsio or Pastichio. Of course it’s a Greek dish but Macedonians and probably other cultures make it too. Just like Middle Easterners make and eat Baklava. I think the Pastitsio was made with a mixture of pork and veal, between that, the pasta and the Bechamel Sauce, it was out of this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink