Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 12:17 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,491,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
They sell chicken too? I can't imagine going to a pizzeria to buy an uncooked chicken. Why not just buy a rotisserie chicken at the super market already cooked?
If you don't know you don't know. I would rank Papa Murphy's as one of the best take out pizza's I've had. Especially when comparing it to Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. It is a "take and bake" pizza. They also don't charge sales tax because the food is not cooked. That may change but the last time I bought it, that was still the case.

This is a picture of the Mediterranean Chicken PIZZA. Olive Oil & Garlic, Herb Chicken, Spinach, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Feta, Zesty Herbs

Full Menu here
https://www.papamurphys.com/menu#menuBannerPopup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
If you don't know you don't know. I would rank Papa Murphy's as one of the best take out pizza's I've had. Especially when comparing it to Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. It is a "take and bake" pizza. They also don't charge sales tax because the food is not cooked. That may change but the last time I bought it, that was still the case.

This is a picture of the Mediterranean Chicken PIZZA. Olive Oil & Garlic, Herb Chicken, Spinach, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Feta, Zesty Herbs

Full Menu here
you are making my mouth water. I might just have to stop and pick one up when we do our weekly shopping on Thursday.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:17 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,675,786 times
Quote:

Full Menu here
That doesn't look any better than a frozen one from California Pizza Kitchen, and it probably costs twice as much.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:02 PM

20,951 posts, read 28,472,843 times
Quote:

Full Menu here
looks similar to Blaze pizza. If I am going to buy an uncooked pizza I might as well make one from scratch at home. That being said there's nothing better than NY style pizza from a non chain pizza parlor.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:58 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That doesn't look any better than a frozen one from California Pizza Kitchen, and it probably costs twice as much.
It's better, try one sometime. Their pizzas are excellent and they are actually quite nutritious unless you just get one with all cheese and no veggies or meat.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:50 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,491,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
looks similar to Blaze pizza. If I am going to buy an uncooked pizza I might as well make one from scratch at home. That being said there's nothing better than NY style pizza from a non chain pizza parlor.
That's a matter of opinion of course. I've tried NY pizza and I'm not that crazy about it. Too greasy and too much crust in my opinion. I'm not into bread, I prefer toppings. Making pizza at home is also a PITA. Too much work for what you get. It couldn't get any easier and I doubt I could do any better especially with the crust. You don't even need a pan, they provide that. It's cheap too. With a coupon which is very easy to get, it is $10 or less.

I kind of expected for some NY pizza snobs to chime in. My preference over all is Roman Style with cracker thin crust and quality toppings.

No, it's not the best pizza I've had but it's very good and easy. The best I've had is in Italy.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:09 AM

983 posts, read 1,183,407 times
Quote:
That's a matter of opinion of course. I've tried NY pizza and I'm not that crazy about it. Too greasy and too much crust in my opinion. I'm not into bread, I prefer toppings. Making pizza at home is also a PITA. Too much work for what you get. It couldn't get any easier and I doubt I could do any better especially with the crust. You don't even need a pan, they provide that. It's cheap too. With a coupon which is very easy to get, it is $10 or less.

I kind of expected for some NY pizza snobs to chime in. My preference over all is Roman Style with cracker thin crust and quality toppings.

No, it's not the best pizza I've had but it's very good and easy. The best I've had is in Italy.
I agree that a few of the PM specialty pizzas are pretty good. And yes, like you I prefer them on the thin crust option.

I have had the garlic chicken PM pizza in the past ( but not the Med chicken one ) and really liked it.

Best thing about PM take and bake is you are eating it freshly baked right out of the oven and you control the doneness of the pizza. Some like very well baked and ultra crispy / well cooked crust ... others not

Its also quite easy to add extra cheese - pepperonis etc yourself at a cheap price and really have a loaded / fresh home baked pizza.

The down side is the cost ... I think they are kinda expensive for what you get ( and yes I always used special or coupons ) still seemed very $pendy

Old 10-05-2017, 06:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
I agree that a few of the PM specialty pizzas are pretty good. And yes, like you I prefer them on the thin crust option.

I have had the garlic chicken PM pizza in the past ( but not the Med chicken one ) and really liked it.

Best thing about PM take and bake is you are eating it freshly baked right out of the oven and you control the doneness of the pizza. Some like very well baked and ultra crispy / well cooked crust ... others not

Its also quite easy to add extra cheese - pepperonis etc yourself at a cheap price and really have a loaded / fresh home baked pizza.

The down side is the cost ... I think they are kinda expensive for what you get ( and yes I always used special or coupons ) still seemed very $pendy
us too, thin crust and yes PM chicken pizzas are good. We like the one with spinach but haven't had it in ages. I don't even know it they still make it. We will be out most of today, so am tempted to pick one up and stick it in the freezer.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:41 PM

17,552 posts, read 39,186,507 times
I never heard of it, and there are none near me, but that pic did not look too appetizing..... I am not a huge pizza fan anyway, but there is a place right near my house that makes everything fresh and it is delicious. That said I never really go there anymore, because I just don't care that much for pizza. Many other foods I would rather have.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:23 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,189,958 times
When I was growing up Papa Murphy's had a five dollar pizza special on Mondays. My mom would pick up a pepperoni pizza every Monday without fail. Easy weeknight dinner.

We moved to a state that doesn't have any Papa Murphy's, but yesterday we happened to be in Idaho for some minor surgery and we needed an easy dinner option, and I remembered Papa Murphy's. We grabbed two pizzas a combination one, and the chicken, artichoke bacon delite. It never tasted better. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink