Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Subway 68 38.20%
Quiznos 61 34.27%
Jimmy John's 49 27.53%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 12:32 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times

Advertisements

The Jimmy Johns by my place is always good. Guiznos has a good selection but their subs are too pricey for what you get. I used to like Subway but I think it's really gone downhill in the last couple of years. The one on campus is absolutely terrible!!!

As far as subs go, however, there is a little place here in Ann Arbor called Dibellas that is the absolute best in the world. They use the finest meats and cheeses, freshly baked bread, and their veggies are always very crisp and fresh. They have a wide range of peppers to choose from and huge kosher dill pickles. For $5 I fill myself up and still have leftovers to take to work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
No Jimmy Johns for me in my neck of the woods. Very few Quiznos. Lots of good Subways.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Subway is okay, just the bread is the main filler so I usually get the footlong (its only 5 bucks) and take everything out of the 2nd half and consolidate it all to one half, so you actually dont fill up on the bread. Quiznos is good, no problem there.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
No one has mentioned Schlotzky's - there used to be one close to my house, but by the time I wanted to try them out, they were gone. Has anyone got any info on their sandwiches?

I prefer Quizno's for the most part - as long as you stick with whatever their specials are that week, you'll be fine. Our last trip there, I ordered a 12" sub, large broccoli soup, three flatbread sandwiches, a bag of chips, a cookie, and 2 drinks for about $13.00. The service was great and I ended up leaving a dollar in their tip jar - which I normally don't do for take out or Starbucks (tips are for service - handing me a bag with food in it isn't service in my book).

Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No one has mentioned Schlotzky's - there used to be one close to my house, but by the time I wanted to try them out, they were gone. Has anyone got any info on their sandwiches?
I love Schlotzky's. The little pizzas are awesome. And the Original sandwich.

A few years ago they went bankrupt and then reorganized and went from 800 stores down to 400.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
Subway is the best. They have the best ingredients. Bread should be kept to a minimum but a Subway garlic or wheat roll is acceptable. Never order white rolls or Italian bread.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,719,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
None, but if either is available, I will "settle", with Quiznos being my first choice. I prefer the local shops a lot more. They are much better than paying $5-7 for a chain "sandwich" that consists of nothing more than a couple of slices of meat on stale bread.
Are you saying Quiznos is the economical choice? Not from my experience. I thought the Quiznos in my area wouldn't make it because of their prices, but I was wrong, someone must like them. To me, you don't get what you pay for with Quiznos. Schlotzky's is pretty good. I can't remember if they were reasonably priced or not.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:49 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Never even heard of this Jimmy John's..........and in my opinion Quiznos is all about the MEAT and not enough about the veg.... gotta go with Subway......

Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Mmm, Schlotzsky's! Their original sandwich is delish, and so are their Reubens if you can get them to make you one. (Not all of them carry the sauerkraut.)

I used to work a few doors down from a Togo's when I was in college and got burned out on them. My husband likes them, but when we went, nothing ever sounded good, and they don't have a single healthy salad.

Quizno's is OK but so greasy and expensive. For that money, Schlotzsky's is a million times better.

I moved to Illinois recently but haven't been to Jimmy John's yet. Potbelly's bread is really good--actually, here in Illinois, sandwich rolls are SO much better than anything I ever had in California. Sorry, California. Your fanciest sub rolls are very sad in comparison to what I can get even in the supermarkets here.

I've tried Buona and Portillo's here, and you just can't beat a Portillo's Italian beef.

Ooooh, is it lunch time yet? I know where I'm going now.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quizno's had that ad with the singing potatoes for like a year. "We love you subs, we love you Quizno Subs". I liked some of their stuff and would eat there up untill that ad campaign. I refuse to give money to a company that will run an ad that horrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink