Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times

Advertisements

No, I'm not asking how you chew and swallow. More like, what is your normal diet like?

I eat a lot of rice (hur hur, I'm asian. sigh. ) and a lot of veggies. My grocery cart is usually full of root vegetables, greens, milk, and eggs. I get maybe ONE package of chicken breast or pork loin to stir fry but don't really bother with that much meat. I also bake bread occasionally and pasta (mostly with tomato or herb sauce) is a great quickie meal.

Most of what I eat is homemade but I don't make an effort to go organic (I'm lazy, no excuse--but at least I admit to it).

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,182,589 times
I am normally on a see food diet

whatever food I see when I get hungry I pick and choose and I eat.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
My shopping cart resembles yours. I cook every day, in winter I make homemade soups and breads for lunch; gumbo tonight for dinner. I cook pizza once a week, usually one chicken dinner per week, waffles with bacon and eggs on Sunday mornings. Shrimp and garlic risotto is another good winter dish that I often cook.

I don't go organic either; I'm too cheap and I often wonder whether or not unscrupulous grocery store chains just label conventionally grown produce as organic so they can charge more. So the only organic produce I eat is that which I grow myself (asparagus, strawberries, root vegetables, collards and blueberries in season).

Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,858,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I don't go organic either; I'm too cheap and I often wonder whether or not unscrupulous grocery store chains just label conventionally grown produce as organic so they can charge more.
Bad part about *organic labeled food*.

Actually less control on what they can use to grow their food, so what are you exactly eating ????

Old 01-08-2010, 11:03 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
I eat mostly rice, chicken, lots of salads, yogurts, and fruits.

On certain occasions (like 1 time a week), I'll eat little fast food (burger and fries or whatever). I love tacos also.

On occasion we'll eat out for seafood, Mexican food, or American food (like Applebee's or Coco's).

Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
I make alot of pasta,potatoes,veggies, with some chicken or shrimp and various fruits are eaten too.
Once in awhile when we go out to eat it is usually for chinese buffet. The only drawback is the munchies in the house which hubby likes and I wind up eating too.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:48 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I eat a lot of fish, chicken ( usually marinated and grilled - I'm not too fond of fried foods), soups, pasta , couscous and rice . I hardly ever eat potatoes , for some reason I went off them a while back though some dishes like mash , "pommes Dauphinoises" and "Rostis" still occasionally figure on the menu.

A lof ovegetables and fruits also , especially broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, courgettes ( zucchini) and lots and lots of tomatoes.

I adore cheese but hardly ever eat it as I find it so addictive.

I hardly ever cook red meat and tend to eat it when I go out , same with game though I do make the occasional stew as well.

Desserts tend to be yoghurts which I love. Unless I am eating out and will then indulge in a Souffle or maybe a Creme Brulee.

I go out to eat quite a lot and eat completely different foods then. I adoreSashimi and Japanese food in general , Ceviche and French and Italian also. Pretty much all kinds of ethnic foods in fact.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:05 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,816,440 times
I've got three kids, so you can guess how I eat!

Seriously, I usually make most things homemade, I don't like using the prepackaged stuff unless I have a very busy day.

We have soups (this week I made Butternut squash soup and chicken noodle), some chicken, fish sandwiches, lots of salads, some casseroles, not a lot of meats like steak or hamburger.

I try to focus on the veggies, one starch and a small amount of protein, like chicken or fish. I'm from the South so we eat a lot of southern foods like greens, sweet potatoes and beans.

We drink soy milk, OJ, and sweet tea. I only buy soda for special occasions or maybe for a treat. My kids go through it too fast!

Once in a while I make cookies, brownies or rarely a cake or pie. I usually have dark or semi sweet chocolate on hand for any sweet tooth needing satisfied. I love to bake and I have a sweet tooth so it's hard to not make something everyday!

We also eat our share of junk. My kids love to eat out so we do that about once or twice a week, usually McDonald's or Subway type foods sometimes a sit down restaurant.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 AM

95 posts, read 207,615 times
protein powder, eggs, milk, oats, chicken, whole beef tenderloin, frozen greens, frozen fruits, nuts

Old 01-09-2010, 06:32 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
I'm the opposite - my husband can't eat rice and neither of us are huge fans of most veggies (especially green ones) so we usually have potatoes as a side dish and either fish, chicken or beef steak as a main. My husband isn't a big pasta or pizza eater but I love them so sometimes I get a pasta ready meal on my own or I try to order one of the two (or risotto, which I also love but husband can have because it's rice) when we eat out (which is usually about once every other week). If you can't tell, I'm a big Italian food fan.

We get fast food occasionally too - at Subway I get the meatball sub, anywhere else I usually get a chicken option (I don't know why but I don't trust beef at McDonald's or Burger King). Or sometimes we go to a fish and chip shop instead.

That's just dinner time... for breakfast and lunch I usually just stick to cereal, sandwiches and fruit. I have IBS and need a lot of fiber too so I eat a lot of bran cereal and high fiber granola bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink