Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:16 PM

174 posts, read 488,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
As far as ketchup goes...I Hate having to deal with individual packets. The dispensers felt like a godsend to me. Please don't take my beloved ketchup dispensers away....

I always get the packets. do you know how often they clean those dispensers out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
Haven't been to McDonalds recently, but when we do go to a fast food drive thru I notice many times there's no napkins in the bag.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM

28 posts, read 70,537 times
Many years ago one of the McD I had gone to which had just been built, I noticed that the ketchup dispenser was mounted in a refrgerated service counter and the ketchup was always cold and refreshing. Has anyone seen this and would u like to see all fast food places have this type of set up.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Quote:
Thanks for your responses. i have to confess that I stayed away from Mc Donalds for years and years because I was a vegetarian....I still don't eat beef but my husband and son do....I couldn't believe how much the Big Mac has shrunk and it only has one slice of cheese now. My son ordered their new wrap and there was very little meat....or anything much in it.....How are the wraps at your local outlets?
Believe or not, the Big Mac has always had just one slice of cheese, but the meat patties seem to have become smaller over the years. A Big Mac is hardly worth the current price of $3.00. You might as well buy one of the 1/3 lb. Angus Burgers for $3.99!

PS- I sometimes order the Mcdouble with Big Mac sauce instead of mustard/ketchup, and with a sesame seed bun instead of the regular bun. So for a buck, I'm almost getting a Big Mac. In fact, some people call this a "Ghetto Mac."

Old 02-03-2010, 01:41 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauno View Post
Many years ago one of the McD I had gone to which had just been built, I noticed that the ketchup dispenser was mounted in a refrgerated service counter and the ketchup was always cold and refreshing. Has anyone seen this and would u like to see all fast food places have this type of set up.
I've never thought of ketchup as being cold and refreshing, but you have a point!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 AM

267 posts, read 1,361,280 times
There is a rumor going around where I live that McDonalds and a number of other fast food places are seriously considering cutting back in the offering of soft drinks in favor of those energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster. I can actually see this happening. While I am sure in the future one can still get a Coke, Diet Coke or even Sprite at McDonalds that might be the only choices since so so many people are giving up on Coke, Pepsi even Mountain Dew in favor of Red Bull and Rockstar.

I guess it makes sense as far as sells are concerned but for health reasons? My girlfriend has always said that for people to give up on Coke in favor of Red Bull because they believe its better for your health is like those who give up smoking cigarettes in favor of smoking those little flavored cigars thinking that they are better for your health.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobwv View Post
There is a rumor going around where I live that McDonalds and a number of other fast food places are seriously considering cutting back in the offering of soft drinks in favor of those energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster. I can actually see this happening. While I am sure in the future one can still get a Coke, Diet Coke or even Sprite at McDonalds that might be the only choices since so so many people are giving up on Coke, Pepsi even Mountain Dew in favor of Red Bull and Rockstar.

I guess it makes sense as far as sells are concerned but for health reasons? My girlfriend has always said that for people to give up on Coke in favor of Red Bull because they believe its better for your health is like those who give up smoking cigarettes in favor of smoking those little flavored cigars thinking that they are better for your health.
Yeah, that is stupid. Those energy drinks are NO healthier than soda. And Red Bull with a burger? Doesn't go together like a Coke and a burger, at least to me.

I rarely eat McD's, but I've noticed that Burger King patties seemed to have shrunk.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
I have noticed that the patrons of McDonald‘s are fatter and uglier than they used to be, and their children all seem to be retarded or autistic.

The workers are no longer fresh faced teeny-boppers with pigtails, but are older, speak with foreign accents, and act like food servers at the homeless mission.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:03 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
We went to our local Mc Donalds yesterday and the first thing we noticed was a big sign announcing that customers could only have one refill on their drink...This is new. Do you have signs like this up at your Mc Donalds now too? Also the ketchup dispenser was missing. We had to ask for ketchup packets up at the counter.

I stopped eating McDonalds a few years ago, the food is basically crap

Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
If you need more than one refill on a drink you are drinking too much. I never ask for a refill of a drink at a fast food place. Some places where you serve yourself I have gotten a refill. I almost never eat in any place that has a drive thru, I take it home and get all the ketchup I want.
I think Dairy Queen stopped putting or offering chopped onions on their burgers or hot dogs which sucked but I eat there so infrequently it was no big deal.
Chick Fil A: I ate lunch there and the hostess/manager lady saw I was being a little messy with the ketchup I had put on my waffle fries. She offered and got me a wet nap. That is one well run company and they make an effort to have good people work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink