Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:23 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,200,746 times

Advertisements

Huevos Rancheros with eggs over easy. When you break the yolk, the yellow spills out and mixes with the refried beans and chili sauce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 02:28 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,740,477 times
Only fried or over easy here. Can eat them deviled as there is some devilishness in me. Please use dill pickle relish in the gooey yellow part.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,226,957 times
I like eggs with a hat (Bitsys's Kitchen. Eggs In A Hat) with runny yolks, or an herb fritatta for a nice, comforting dinner.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:57 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,460,707 times
I like the frisee salads with poached eggs that you pierce so the yolk becomes a dressing.

I have tried poaching eggs in the microwave: Swirl a mug of water (with a bit of vinegar); crack the egg in; microwave on medium for about a minute, waiting for a low popping sound. Then drain onto a slotted spoon. It's hit and miss, though. For hard poach (though I don't get the point), you pierce the yolk with a toothpick. There can be mishaps with the yolk bursting anyway. But microwaves are really convenient when you can get the technique to work consistently. Eggs Benedict every day! (I also grease a bowl, whisk an egg in, season, and pop that into the microwave for about 30 seconds on high for a quick breakfast burrito stuffing. Breakfast without dirtying a frying pan.)

Old 05-08-2010, 03:27 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,060,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
I must now google all of these but poached.... Ive had poached eggs and they were delish....but the others, never heard of?! I usually eat my eggs hard boiled, scrambled, or fried.

Ohhhhhhhhh I just drooled, Ill lose the hot sauce and the beer but the rest yummmmmy.. I havent made one of those sandwiches in forever!! To the grocery store I go.... thanks bulldogdad
A lot of good information on this site about eggs.

Eggs, How To Cook Eggs, Egg Recipes, Egg Nutrition Facts, All About Eggs

I clicked the link on (How Fresh Are Your Eggs) and found out that the eggs I purchased this morning were packed 10 days ago in the plant.

I love eggs anyway they can be cooked as long as they're a little runny, not dry.

busta

Old 05-08-2010, 03:56 PM

64 posts, read 105,786 times
Soft boiled egg with salt and pepper served with toast is one of my favourite breakfast options. Pure simple ingredients at their best.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,417,707 times
runny eggs are still raw. EEwwwww

Old 05-10-2010, 10:06 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,350,589 times
I can't stand just plain old soft-boiled eggs, but do like poached, shirred, sunnyside up, etc.

If that makes any sense at all. Probably has something to do with my mom making soft-boiled eggs for me ad nauseaum when I was a kid. I had the neatest little egg cup, but that didn't help.

Don't like peas with fish, either, for that same reason.

I love frittatas as well -- zucchini with lots of cheese is a favorite.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,417,707 times
love hard boiled, split in half with horseradish on top ~~ a Easter tradition at the folk's house since I can remember. I also love pickled eggs.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,760,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Huevos Rancheros with eggs over easy. When you break the yolk, the yellow spills out and mixes with the refried beans and chili sauce
Mmmmm, love this. My husband I ate huevos rancheros every morning on our honeymoon. The yolk with the rice is sooo tasty. I like eggs over easy with whole-wheat toast, too. I said in another thread that I don't eat "snotty" (raw) eggs, but I was referring to the white. It MUST be thoroughly cooked. Raw albumen is gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink