Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM

838 posts, read 2,525,458 times

Advertisements

I think it's fair to say you've done an excellent job of embarrassing yourself in front of hundreds, if not thousands of city-data readers. Out of respect to others on the forum, I have nothing else to add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian65 View Post
I think it's fair to say you've done an excellent job of embarrassing yourself in front of hundreds, if not thousands of city-data readers. Out of respect to others on the forum, I have nothing else to add.
Good assessment.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
I have had 2 M3's, one coupe and one convertible, probably 4 1/2 years of ownership total.

I borrowed a rented 2012 5.0 GT automatic, I was impressed.....even the automatic would lay down stripes!

I have driven a CTS-V and a Shelby GT500 on the track. Both were very fast but got their brakes faded out quickly after a few hot laps. The M3 coupe I had did the same thing at Sebring. None are ideal track cars (plenty fast but too heavy causing brakes to overheat).

I would definitely consider any of the above as a purchase for daily use!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
The Mustang don't need an IRS. If you have never driven a new one, you really have no idea what Ford has done with a solid axle. Read this

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Instrumented Test – Review – Car and Driver
All they dos was give it a three link, nothing special.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Nope, not any of these things you mentioned. I simply provided input on a question where I had first-hand experience. You're the one that pulled me into this back and forth crap. I'm not fixated on anything, cars are just a hobby for me.

Think the best thing is for you to drive one of the cars and form your own opinion instead of bashing the opinions of others. Tell me if you like how the revs go down to barely idling when driving at 35-45mph and how it's nice to have to mash the pedal all the way down to get response from the engine. It really ought to be more linear throttle response. It's just not a fun transmission at all. You're either on or off and I believe that the car was made like that for fuel consumption numbers. Would be great to hear from owners of these cars, but guess none are here.
It's the throttle by wire, people have had similar complaints with the08+ STi's. Thats why O hate tbw. The camaro has the same tech, a lot of cars do. It started with vehicles like busses. One reason I dont wany a new car. They are harder to mod for another reason. The stang and camaro both nees their stock radio to function. I would want to rewire and mod the ecm

Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I was excited to learn about the Mustang finally coming along with the times. They may actually make one that deserves my money.
Lack of a irs does not make them behind times. They are cheap, they are still in use, on a track it makes no.difference accept on a drag strip were only vipers and vettes can do hard launches without fear of grenading the irs. The only real benefit to irs is all these ragety roada across america seem a little less bumpy. I think if you.want a good mustang equivalent with irs, get a mn12 chassis ford(tbird etc), next to the GT they have the best rwd ford irs- them and the dc2 car(lincolm ls).

Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Lack of a irs does not make them behind times. They are cheap, they are still in use, on a track it makes no.difference accept on a drag strip were only vipers and vettes can do hard launches without fear of grenading the irs. The only real benefit to irs is all these ragety roada across america seem a little less bumpy. I think if you.want a good mustang equivalent with irs, get a mn12 chassis ford(tbird etc), next to the GT they have the best rwd ford irs- them and the dc2 car(lincolm ls).
What? English please.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:16 PM

What did you not understand?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
What did you not understand?
If your previous post was of a higher quality consistency such as the post I quoted. I would have understood what you said. Misspells and periods in the wrong places. I didn't even bother to comprehend it.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:

I have good reason to know better.

However, here is a nice video:

http://www.carthrottle.com/the-most-reckless-and-addictive-bmw-m5-city-hoon-video-ever/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln