Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 01:44 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times

Advertisements

This is interesting. I saw a thread about GM going electric, but here's one on Ford wanting to be 75% electric by 2030. They plan to cut costs by closing some plants, getting rid of some car models, and focusing on selling SUVs and Trucks.

I'm really curious as to which car models they plan to get rid of? They have Mustang (of course), Fusion, and Focus. What other car models do they have?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1C82NL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:48 PM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
This is interesting. I saw a thread about GM going electric, but here's one on Ford wanting to be 75% electric by 2030. They plan to cut costs by closing some plants, getting rid of some car models, and focusing on selling SUVs and Trucks.

I'm really curious as to which car models they plan to get rid of? They have Mustang (of course), Fusion, and Focus. What other car models do they have?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1C82NL
Taurus, Fiesta and C Max, which is electric or hybrid.

I'd think they'd more cut versions than entire model lines.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Taurus, Fiesta and C Max, which is electric or hybrid.

I'd think they'd more cut versions than entire model lines.
Forgot about the Taurus and Fiesta. Never considered the C Max. I think they're also cutting back on versions as well as maybe losing some model lines. I'm mostly a Mustang fan, but I also know people are big fans of the Fusion, Focus, and F150's. Of course, I don't know how much of a fan of the Mustang I'd be if they make one that's hybrid (which I heard was rumored to happen by 2020.)

Old 10-04-2017, 03:15 PM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Forgot about the Taurus and Fiesta. Never considered the C Max. I think they're also cutting back on versions as well as maybe losing some model lines. I'm mostly a Mustang fan, but I also know people are big fans of the Fusion, Focus, and F150's. Of course, I don't know how much of a fan of the Mustang I'd be if they make one that's hybrid (which I heard was rumored to happen by 2020.)
The thing is, they don't really have many model lines when it comes right down to it, none of the Big 3 do. Go back 40 years and crap, every brand had almost a dozen different car models let alone the intra-model versions.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The thing is, they don't really have many model lines when it comes right down to it, none of the Big 3 do. Go back 40 years and crap, every brand had almost a dozen different car models let alone the intra-model versions.
I'm wondering if these car companies are wanting to get things down to a serving of one model of SUV, one model of truck, one model of EV, and one sport model car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln