Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Hi, I might be going to buy me a Ford Escape and just want to hear from others about what they think of the Escape.

http://www84.forddirect.fordvehicles...=HomePageFlash

Thanks, John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
I just bought an '07 Escape and love it! It's a great little SUV and gets fairly good gas mileage. But it isn't a Lexus and the interior feels a bit cheap. The seats are comfortable and it handles well. The back seats can be a bit cramped if you have someone tall sitting back there.

I'm happy with it but sometime I probably will upgrade and get something larger. In my opinion, if you want a small SUV this is the way to go.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 AM

257 posts, read 1,080,811 times
Against what I thought was supposed to be a compact car at the rental agency when I got to Denver, they tried putting me in a Ford Escape, I am like "what" u have to be kidding me, I don't drive SUV's and I am certainly not going to pay the gas guzzler for the week. They said they didn't have any compact cars left and would take a little off the price of what the compact car would be.....So, having no other choice than going to another rental agency I took it for the week. Oh my gosh!!! I was so thrilled when I saw myself passing up the compact cars in the mtns that seemed to be struggling and by the time the week was over, I wanted one........LOL. It got terrific gas mileage also, I was shocked how nice it was. I would buy one definitely but I have no need for an SUV. I like my smaller cars, where I live it is suitable.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:32 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, I might be going to buy me a Ford Escape and just want to hear from others about what they think of the Escape.

Thanks, John

You might want to test drive the 07 Honda CR-V before you make a purchase.

Better on gas than the regular Escape, and handles much better than any small SUV I've driven. Of course, that depends on what you like. I usually drive sports cars, and I liked the way this thing handled.

-TT

Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
The Ford Escape Hybrid is another option. A friend of mine has that, and he loves it!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:04 AM

613 posts, read 798,216 times
I own a 2003 Escape and I love it! The only problem I have had is the drivers seat literally came apart underneath and the seat cushion and all will come out. I called the local dealership and they wanted to charge me $300+ to repair it (it's out of warranty)...I was like whooooaaa.........And I am NOT rough on my car, I just sit like a normal person and do not rough house in it, so there was no reason for this to happen. So....I called Ford Motor Co. complained to them, told them I wanted it fixed....they said there was nothing they could do, and I was the first person to report this! I was like, ok, so that's good enough for a recall! Needless to say, I hung up very angry. SO...I went to a local shop that does upholstry, window tinting, seats, etc....they are only going to charge me $100 to repair it. So, that is what my plan is to do.

Other than that....I love it. We live at the lake, and it's just my hubby and I, and occasionally my grown daughter rides with us, but it's the perfect size. We've went on many trips, and it has almost 100k miles, and I've had no problems at all, other than the seat. (knocking on wood)....Would love to buy the new Hybrid!

Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
I bought a new 2005 XLT V-6 4WD with the No Boundaries package in May of 2004. No repairs or adjustments needed so far. I'm completely satisfied with it so far. SUVs come in two varieties, truck based and car based. The Escape is car based.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times
I agree with Yap

The honda cr-v or the Toyota Rav4 are much better and reliable cars

Old 02-16-2007, 11:58 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:

Thanks, John
I live in Wyoming and am used to just about any kind of conditions. A couple of years ago I was sent to do a project in Austin and while there, we had an ice storm. Nothing new to me.

The rental they gave me when I got there was an Escape. Was a very nice vehicle. Very comfortable, controls easily at hand. The ride was nice, the power was atiquate. Like mentioned earlier, it did seem that the interior was cheaply made. The one draw back. When the ice storm hit. I limped that thing back to the airport and switch to a different vehicle. It was worthless on the ice. haha Course, down there, that was a rare occurance. But it's probably really good on mileage but a lot of that is because of the weight. On the ice, it seemed top heavy and would break traction at every opportunity.

So if you are in an area that ice and snow are a rare occasion, it's a really nice ride. But if your going to regularly get snow and ice, I'd seek a different choice.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:04 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:

Thanks, John
I live in Wyoming and am used to just about any kind of conditions. A couple of years ago I was sent to do a project in Austin and while there, we had an ice storm. Nothing new to me.

The rental they gave me when I got there was an Escape. Was a very nice vehicle. Very comfortable, controls easily at hand. The ride was nice, the power was atiquate. Like mentioned earlier, it did seem that the interior was cheaply made. The one draw back. When the ice storm hit. I limped that thing back to the airport and switch to a different vehicle. It was worthless on the ice. haha Course, down there, that was a rare occurance. But it's probably really good on mileage but a lot of that is because of the weight. On the ice, it seemed top heavy and would break traction at every opportunity.

So if you are in an area that ice and snow are a rare occasion, it's a really nice ride. But if your going to regularly get snow and ice, I'd seek a different choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln