Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
They could have gone with the V8 "GT" version instead? But It still would be interesting to see, if the Falcon F6 E will ever get released in America?
They won't release the Falcon in any form here. Getting a chassis and engine combination federalized costs hundreds of millions of dollars. They already have mid-sized platforms here that have been federalized so they'd be spending tons of money to cannibalize their own sales. Additionally, fuel economy standards are tough and getting tougher, and RWD is harder on fuel economy than FWD. Finally, Ford has also probably taken notice of how much GM has struggled to sell the Monaro and Commodore here. I'm sure it doesn't help that the Commodore is currently being sold under a badge that is scheduled to be discontinued in the next few years (Pontiac).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 11:51 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,955,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
They won't release the Falcon in any form here. Getting a chassis and engine combination federalized costs hundreds of millions of dollars. They already have mid-sized platforms here that have been federalized so they'd be spending tons of money to cannibalize their own sales. Additionally, fuel economy standards are tough and getting tougher, and RWD is harder on fuel economy than FWD. Finally, Ford has also probably taken notice of how much GM has struggled to sell the Monaro and Commodore here. I'm sure it doesn't help that the Commodore is being sold under a badge that is scheduled to be discontinued in the next few years (Pontiac).

Agreed! Ford Australia would have a struggle to get the model produced and sold in sufficent numbers. As there's just too many differences in design Standards and like you say, GMH's models didn't exactly take off over there. So why would a Ford model be any different?

It would still be nice to see though?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Yes it would. There is a dearth of relatively affordable, well-buttoned-down RWD family sedans here. The only ones I can think of are the Pontiac G8 (aka the Commodore) and the Cadillac CTS, or if you want to go a segment size down, maybe the Infiniti G37 and the Lexus IS line. Of course, neither of those are available with a 415HP V8 like the G8 is (Well, the IS-F has a hoppin' V8 but it's in a completely different price range.) The Falcon would be a welcome addition here.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:02 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As refined or as dull?
To each his/her own, I guess.

I do not regard BMWs, Audis or even Benzs as dull, refined would be my assessment, and exciting would be a word for the first two for me.

A Trailblazer is what I would consider as dull.

Given all that, I like the way the Aussies approach driving excitement. They seem to have that 'brio' that is lacking in many brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln