Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 06:56 AM

86 posts, read 136,379 times

Advertisements

I just saw a post about (a huge piece of land) being up for sale on EBay? Is this really feasible? I have 8.6 acres just outside Kingman, AZ that I wish to sell and OH BOY does this ever make things easier if it's feasible. I'm going to look into it--- Does anyone have any input on this? Ever sell or buy any property on EBay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 08:38 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
Seems like it makes things even more complicated if you toss ebay into the mix of a real estate deal. Real estate isnt like other purchases or sales. There are laws, deeds, disclosures, rights, etc. that other purchases simply dont have.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:11 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times
My understanding is that eBay is only a means to advertise your property. Any won "bids" are merely a notice of interest (despite proclamations in many ads to the contrary) and the parties need to finalize their agreement outside of eBay. I've never been involved in a real estate transaction through eBay, but I used to look at the listings primarily out of curiosity. It was easy to tell that there were a lot of scams being pushed through eBay, but I think they've tightened up some of the offerings which are allowed to take place on eBay. (A lot of fractional interests in property were being advertised.)

There are surprisingly few ads for real estate on eBay, so if someone does happen to browse through the listings your ad may stand out more than it would through other advertising methods. Again, I don't have any personal experience with a real estate transaction through eBay but, depending on the costs involved, it may be something to consider.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,034,539 times
I bought a timeshare on eBAY, just make sure that a good escrow company is involved.

And for a buyer they REALLY need to make sure it is not land locked, has clear title and title insurance, not a dump site, etc.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:39 PM

486 posts, read 654,411 times
We listed our farm in Tennessee on eBay when we decided to sell it. It ended up selling to some people from Texas who contacted our realtor after they found it on the eBay listing. We had a LOT of interest in it, especially from people in Florida that had just gone through the 4 hurricanes of 2005 (sold it in 2006). Just take lots of good pictures and be ready for 10,000 stupid questions because no matter how clear you are in your ad, they don't read it and will ask you over and over what you've already put in the listing.

eBay is just a means of contact between seller and buyer. You pay eBay a flat fee (used to be $100, not sure what it is now) to list your property for 30 days. You don't owe eBay anything else regardless whether it sells through the eBay listing or elsewhere.

Good luck on selling your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs