Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,014,477 times

Advertisements

When you click "Post Reply", in the Additional Options panel below where to write your subject matter; there is an area where you attach files. Once mine is done I'll post a pic.

Hopefully your carpet will be alright after a professional cleaning. That would save you a good bit of money. Our first thinking was that we would add a pool at a house we liked. But after looking at prices to have one built (still cheaper in this economy than before) we decided to look at houses only with pools. Fortunately, we found a house we really liked and it has a pool with built-in spa. And the yard has nice landscaping. So it turned out pretty good for us in that respect. So now it's just closing the deal.

So, is it done yet??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 12:46 PM

65 posts, read 140,070 times
We are closed.. YAYA finally there is a pic of our house..
Attached Thumbnails
Bofa counter offer!-591304a-1-.jpg  

Old 10-28-2011, 01:39 PM

A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you That is a really nice home, at first I thought that was a picture of the model! I'm very happy for you. The deed is done. How long before you actually move it? Did you receive keys at closing? I know the state I'm buying in, you don't get keys until the recording is done; so usually the next day. Kinda a bummer.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:19 PM

50 posts, read 128,058 times
Congrats!! You had a two week head start on us and we still have not received the counteroffer, but you do offer us hope that it will come soon.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM

157 posts, read 499,237 times
YAY!!!!!!! And beautiful house!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 PM

I have been at the house almost all day it is 11:06pm here and I just walked in the door.. The carpet guys came out and cleaned the carpets and they are still some stained but nothing big so I dont have to go out right away and buy carpet.. I have been cleaning nonstop and its raining here and supposed to rain all weekend we have untill the end of Nov to move out of the home we are renting so we are just going to be moving a little here and there untill then.. Yes we did get our keys at closing that sucks that you have to wait (silly rules) nope thats not a model home I wish it was though ..lol

Michial - Wow, have you heard anything new?

Nelly1996- Thank you we are super excited ...

I hope to be seeing yall's homes soon on here I'm still going to get on here everyday and check on things ...

Old 10-28-2011, 09:46 PM

59 posts, read 164,619 times
Congrats! Best wishes in your new home! It is beautiful!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:11 AM

50 posts, read 128,058 times
No news. Our agent said he would update us each Friday. Yesterday the only thing he sent us was an addendum to change the closing date from 28 Oct to 28 Nov. I sold my Tucson home at a short sale price ($525,000 for $425,000) to unload it after finding this house in Florida for the same value ($500,000 for $400,000). It took me 6 months to find this deal and my fear is BOA will kill the deal and I will be another victim of this screwed up housing market.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsnext11 View Post
I have been at the house almost all day it is 11:06pm here and I just walked in the door.. The carpet guys came out and cleaned the carpets and they are still some stained but nothing big so I dont have to go out right away and buy carpet.. I have been cleaning nonstop and its raining here and supposed to rain all weekend we have untill the end of Nov to move out of the home we are renting so we are just going to be moving a little here and there untill then.. Yes we did get our keys at closing that sucks that you have to wait (silly rules) nope thats not a model home I wish it was though ..lol

Michial - Wow, have you heard anything new?

Nelly1996- Thank you we are super excited ...

I hope to be seeing yall's homes soon on here I'm still going to get on here everyday and check on things ...
Well that's good you don't have to buy new carpet, that will allow you to spend money on other things for the house. It's GREAT that you have a whole month to move!! The last time I moved it was a rush job and I lost/can't find half my stuff You're lucky to have it that way, move a little bit at a time; absolute best way to move. I had to blow up the picture to see it was an actual picture of the house

I know you said the house sat for awhile, what's all the cleaning for? I know a house sitting empty does need a good spring cleaning. I'll have to do the same thing.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:20 PM

The people that moved out just left everything dirty it looks like they never once cleaned baseboards or the windows or even cared about mopping the floors or cleaning the bathtub.. I am a clean freak and so all that has to be clean or it will drive me nuts! Half my stuff is still packed from where we moved into the rental .. lol that would suck losing half your stuff I hate being rushed and was fussing at my husband today on rushing me.. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs