Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 PM

50 posts, read 128,058 times

Advertisements

No word still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 PM

468 posts, read 1,379,348 times
If you're at the 2 month mark, and at the counteroffer stage, you're doing pretty good! (compared to a lot of others)

See, in your timeline, the sellers took 2 weeks to accept (nothing to do with the bank - that's all on the sellers)

It seems that most 'wait times' are at the beginning of the process. Once you get approvals, etc. things seem to move a lot quicker. Keep in mind all those '7-10 days' are usually working/week days - not many banks do things over the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michial View Post
Things seem to be going painfully slow for us.
9 Aug 11: Placed offer
22 Aug 11: Seller accepted offer and we went under contract
21 Sept 11: BOA ordered full apprasial and it was completed.
4 Oct 11: Update from BOA- "evaluation was complete and we should see counteroffer within the next 7 to 10 days."
18 Oct 11: It has been 10 days and still no counteroffer.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:25 AM

65 posts, read 140,070 times
They may not counter back if your offer was a good one! Bofa just countered us back on just the closing cost just saying they would agree to pay 3% and thats all that was in the counter offer!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:43 AM

157 posts, read 499,237 times
I was wondering if they pay closing costs...

Old 10-21-2011, 06:55 AM

59 posts, read 164,619 times
Nelly- I was told by my realtor NOT to ask for closing costs. That they don't pay them. But I gotta tell you every time I watch HGTV they ask for closing costs on short sales and typically get them! Then Whatsnext just said she got some too. So I guess it depends on the bank. I would think it doesn't hurt to ask. wish I did!

Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 AM

BOFA paid 3% of my closing cost...

Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM

50 posts, read 128,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstatehomegal View Post
If you're at the 2 month mark, and at the counteroffer stage, you're doing pretty good! (compared to a lot of others)

See, in your timeline, the sellers took 2 weeks to accept (nothing to do with the bank - that's all on the sellers)

It seems that most 'wait times' are at the beginning of the process. Once you get approvals, etc. things seem to move a lot quicker. Keep in mind all those '7-10 days' are usually working/week days - not many banks do things over the weekends.
Got this in an email from my agent today "the short-sale negotiator (working on behalf of the Seller) is on top of the file and trying to get a response from the Lender".
So if the counteroffer comes in and we accept it we will not have to wait for an approval from the Lender? If that is true then we are well ahead at this stage correct? Does this indicated BOA itself has accepted our offer?

Old 10-21-2011, 04:08 PM

A counter offer doesnt mean approval that just means that they are going to move it along to the other stages , Like PMI to review or the investors and then if they all accept then they will give you final written approval..

Old 10-21-2011, 04:58 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,578,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michial View Post
Got this in an email from my agent today "the short-sale negotiator (working on behalf of the Seller) is on top of the file and trying to get a response from the Lender". ...
Doesn't mean anything. To me it says the negotiator is having trouble getting feedback from the lender. Your agent is trying to give you assurance that someone is working on it.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 PM

468 posts, read 1,379,348 times
Banks and lenders are swamped with short sales, not to mention foreclosure activities. Some move smoother and quicker than others. And yes, the bank/seller side in these situations have lots more people than just mom and pop to approve a deal!

Hate to say, also, that it's the weekend now - don't know many of those type transactions that get many responses over weekend.... go out and enjoy yours and try not to worry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs