Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 PM

63 posts, read 130,377 times

Advertisements

Well lender released funds last Thursday should have been recorded today. Well there saying tomorrow is this normal? Very fustrating !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,290,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh6369 View Post
Well lender released funds last Thursday should have been recorded today. Well there saying tomorrow is this normal? Very fustrating !
Consider the holiday, but why the rush to have it recorded? I've bought lots of properties, I was never at all concerned about having it recorded.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,563,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh6369 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Consider the holiday, but why the rush to have it recorded? I've bought lots of properties, I was never at all concerned about having it recorded.
I agree, it is likely due to the holiday. Some companies treated Friday as the holiday (my husband's did), Monday was the legal holiday. Plus I've talked to dozens of answering machines in the last few days (today, and last Thursday and Friday) that said "I'm out until January 3rd, please call back then." The Christmas holidays slow things to a crawl in real estate.

To pghquest: Why wouldn't you be concerned with it being recorded? Until the deed is recorded, you aren't the legal owner of the house. At least that is how it works in my area.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:06 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,121,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I agree, it is likely due to the holiday. Some companies treated Friday as the holiday (my husband's did), Monday was the legal holiday. Plus I've talked to dozens of answering machines in the last few days (today, and last Thursday and Friday) that said "I'm out until January 3rd, please call back then." The Christmas holidays slow things to a crawl in real estate.

To pghquest: Why wouldn't you be concerned with it being recorded? Until the deed is recorded, you aren't the legal owner of the house. At least that is how it works in my area.
A deal can fall through after signing and before it records. Iv' had it happen before. I never hand a buyer keys until I hear it has recorded.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post

I'm working on a deal now that involves a company selling me their property, and then they will buy it back from me over a 20 year period, none of it will be recorded. I'll do this in order minimize tax obligations, but as long as its on paper it can be flipped and liened.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,702,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
none of it will be recorded
If its not recorded, the company can also re-mortgage it or sell it to someone else. Good luck.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
If its not recorded, the company can also re-mortgage it or sell it to someone else. Good luck.
Not true, deed of trusts will be recorded to secure a promisory note to keep the company from obtaining another mortgage or selling the property.

Title will never change hands at the recorders office.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,375,386 times
Our county recorders office has had very limited service during the week between Christmas and New Years, it's possible the title company can't record because of a government holiday.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:04 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,033,603 times
Is it an REO? There is a HUGE push to close as many properties as possible before the end of the year. The escrow agents are overwhelmed...I know b/c I'm in the middle of that mess. I'd bet it records by Friday!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:15 PM

63 posts, read 130,377 times
That's exactly it a REO wanted to get sale on before New Years, I just haven't been givin keys till recorded. Just want to get a couple of things done took a week off, understand the holidays but 3 business days seems alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs