Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimerGA View Post
updates below

5/16 I contact our REA and she tells me there is no weekly updates on SS. Is this true? I am getting a little frustrated with her lack of updates.
We don't really get any updates either. I have to email my attorney, and wait for him to contact the seller's attorney to get an update (although I feel that he should just be following up on his own every week). I think he has grown tired of our short sale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM

11 posts, read 35,953 times
Anyone have any experience working with USAA as their 2nd lien?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 PM

17 posts, read 44,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
We don't really get any updates either. I have to email my attorney, and wait for him to contact the seller's attorney to get an update (although I feel that he should just be following up on his own every week). I think he has grown tired of our short sale
That's what I thought as well. I feel she has grown tired of us as well and even mentioned to my husband this is her first short sale.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,655 times
Default 9 months short sale process?

Hello I started with buying my shortsale house in august of 2012 and is may 2013 and still not mine. They accepted my offer of 90.000 in september and the shortsale stated in october 2012 with the first bank... in november we discover a second loan. The value of the house has change and am concern the bank is gona ask for more money. Is this possible? I been living in this house since march 2013 cause the owners are renting it to me. Am concern this is getting to long dont really know what to do. My agent says its a matter of time. The time frame is frustrating but may major concern is the price change. Any advice? Thanks

Old 05-18-2013, 01:35 PM

13 posts, read 41,519 times
anyone have experience with boa on their second lien? offered 475,500. lp 450,000. the first loan amount was 413k and the second loan was 117. I'm working without a buyer's agent. been in contract since december 2012, and i heard we got verbal approval from the first bank a couple months ago. working through equator on second lien BoA. Got an email last week that said they were organizing the offer and waiting to present to investors. Been at this for 6 months now, am i close with the second BoA based on that news?

Old 05-18-2013, 01:36 PM

13 posts, read 41,519 times
I'm also purchasing cash, and i believe (have not been told exact amount) there is a large back HOA fees on the condo.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 AM

5 posts, read 13,765 times
Default Westchester, NY short sale

I thank all of you for your posts. It is really helpful to get these various perspectives on the short sale process.

We have had a fully executed contract since February 2013. We did an engineer's report before putting our in our offer, discovered an illegally abandoned oil talk (we paid for the soil testing), and learned the electrical needs a serious upgrade. However, it is a great house so we decided to go for it (clearly) using a FHA loan. Recently (less than a month ago) learned that there are two lienholders -- the first approved the short sale about 3 weeks ago, now waiting on the second lienholder.

Not quite sure of all the steps because my agent is not as helpful as I would like. I suspect she is not very knowledgeable about the short sale process because she is constantly getting back to me but never really does (once told me she had to sign paperwork for the shortsale; when I asked her what kind of paperwork, she replied that she wasn't quite sure what it was for). As such, I have come to rely on getting info from my lawyer.

Hoping it won't be too much longer (3.5 seems to be pretty average based on the posts I have read).

Any ideas/advice?

Old 05-19-2013, 03:11 PM

38 posts, read 94,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanesa22882 View Post
Hello I started with buying my shortsale house in august of 2012 and is may 2013 and still not mine. They accepted my offer of 90.000 in september and the shortsale stated in october 2012 with the first bank... in november we discover a second loan. The value of the house has change and am concern the bank is gona ask for more money. Is this possible? I been living in this house since march 2013 cause the owners are renting it to me. Am concern this is getting to long dont really know what to do. My agent says its a matter of time. The time frame is frustrating but may major concern is the price change. Any advice? Thanks

When time passes banks repeat their BPOs or appraisals and update the prices. I hope you can get away with it but probably they would reflect the changes on you if the market went up.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM

38 posts, read 115,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoBuyer View Post
anyone have experience with boa on their second lien? offered 475,500. lp 450,000. the first loan amount was 413k and the second loan was 117. I'm working without a buyer's agent. been in contract since december 2012, and i heard we got verbal approval from the first bank a couple months ago. working through equator on second lien BoA. Got an email last week that said they were organizing the offer and waiting to present to investors. Been at this for 6 months now, am i close with the second BoA based on that news?
Sounds like you are getting there. The offer they present to the investors is for the written approval of the deal. Waiting for the approval was a pain for us with the 2nd lein holder (US Bank)- took 4 months, 1st lein (BOA)- took about 3 weeks. But once you receive the approval, you can move on to closing.

Good luck.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 AM

38 posts, read 115,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2040f View Post
When time passes banks repeat their BPOs or appraisals and update the prices. I hope you can get away with it but probably they would reflect the changes on you if the market went up.
Don't panic quite yet. We waited for ours for 10 months. The value had increased quite a bit- a similar house 5 doors away is listed at 30k more than what we got ours for. Another similar house in the same zipcode is listed at 50k more. Theoretically you shouldnt be asked to pay anything outside of what's in the contract you signed. Although i guess if they really wanted they could do another BPO and ask for more money, but not sure this happens as much- thankful it didn't for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs