Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 6,140 times

Advertisements

I am a first time buyer and I am part of a first time buyers program. I have put an offer on a short sale (Unapproved short sale) and the homeowner accepted it and we signed a contract. We are now waiting to hear if the bank approves the offer. The first time buyers program is suppose to come to an end soon or run out of funds from what I have heard. I still have not heard back from the bank if they have accepted the offer or not. We sent in out offer around January 20th. We found another home we like and we sent in another offer to that home (Which is an Approved short sale). We do not want to risk losing 65k of free money from the first time buyer program so we took a chance. What the worst case scenario if both offer go thru?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM

43,457 posts, read 77,428,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgetownent View Post
I am a first time buyer and I am part of a first time buyers program. I have put an offer on a short sale (Unapproved short sale) and the homeowner accepted it and we signed a contract. We are now waiting to hear if the bank approves the offer. The first time buyers program is suppose to come to an end soon or run out of funds from what I have heard. I still have not heard back from the bank if they have accepted the offer or not. We sent in out offer around January 20th. We found another home we like and we sent in another offer to that home (Which is an Approved short sale). We do not want to risk losing 65k of free money from the first time buyer program so we took a chance. What the worst case scenario if both offer go thru?
Who is writing these offers for you?
They should be qualified to tell you where you are in the scheme of things.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,868,047 times
Honestly, when you're in a time crunch, a short sale is the last property you want to work with. You don't know if it's going to take 6 weeks or 6 months for that approval. Even "pre approved" short sales can take months. If you want to guarantee the funds don't run out, you need to find a property that is not a short sale.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM

We can only purchase homes in distress

Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,902,915 times
Quote:
We can only purchase homes in distress
curious... why?

Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM

Well it is a Neighborhood Stabilization Program where it helps stabilize the property values by helping people purchase homes in distress.

Oh by the way. . . The second house we put a bid on was a bank owned foreclosure not short sale.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,986,445 times
Quote:
So you agreed to buy two houses right?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,902,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
So you agreed to buy two houses right?
sounds like it

Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 AM

820 posts, read 1,077,259 times
The NSP program is incredible so I hope it works out for you!

Here in Idaho, we use a special "short sale addendum" which gives the buyer the right to rescind their offer any time prior to the seller's lenders acceptance of a short sale due to the fact there is no guarantee that even if the buyer does everything 100% correct, the short sale may still never go through.

Without similar language in your contract, you shouldn't be making more than one offer unless you are prepared to buy more than one home.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,828,998 times
Quote:
What the worst case scenario if both offer go thru?
My guess is that you will lose money you put in one of the houses you don't want if you have no addundums in your contract for backing up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs