Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:11 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times

Advertisements

Is there a reliable way to find actual foreclosures, just for info sake? I know a lot of people want to buy them and so pay money to get listings, but I want to know how many foreclosures have happened in my subdivision.

I asked my HOA mgr. but she gave a vague answer. I'd really like to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 PM

260 posts, read 1,331,414 times
depending on the type of MLS system used by your area a realtor should be able to answer that for you.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Is there a reliable way to find actual foreclosures, just for info sake? I know a lot of people want to buy them and so pay money to get listings, but I want to know how many foreclosures have happened in my subdivision.

If you can't use the MLS but you have access to the property appraisers website you are able to look up you community and search that way. It cost a little bit more time but you can find it.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post

If your just looking for a statistic for personal knowledge, look at the real estate property section of your county website, and do a search by street name. Any property owned by a bank, is REO property.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 AM

610 posts, read 2,729,575 times
Foreclosure.com
realtytrac.com

These sites will give you streets for free . You might be able to get an idea from these sites as to how many homes are in foreclosure. Most county websites list homes that are scheduled for auction (if you live in a sheriff sale state) but you need to be about 5 months behind before you are on this list. There are many homes that are 2-3 months behind on payments but are not included on any foreclosure site/list.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
In our city you have to go to the Court house to see the list.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 AM

wow, that was quite the vast amount of responses. Thanks so much!! I really had no idea where to look. I read the paper yesterday searching online for info, but really just got some vague idea. I am very interested in my neighborhood, as I own, and am scared for our market. I read some really awful stories yesterday. I can't believe how bad it is. On one hand, I feel really bad for the homeowners, it's got to be just so depressing. On the other hand, a lot of the people going under made really bad choices with their loans, etc.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 AM

so I went to the county tax assessor's page and looked at each property that was on my street. I found one: Very interesting, bought and then sold by Altus to HUD. Wasn't Altus one of the shady companies in Denver that was prosecuted for mortgage fraud? I also found an LLC that bought the home for wayyyy under, tens of thousands under. I wonder what that's all about. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
sjd

57 posts, read 217,305 times
Another great way to find out is ask a Realtor that you know. They can get all the current and up-to-date foreclosures, nod, reo's and anything else you need. All they do is ask the title company to get the information. It comes every month, and you don't have to pay anything and you know you are getting the correct information that is updated. This is the best way to go. And I am sure that the Realtor would be willing to do this, because they like to help people. At least I would be willing and have done this with a few clients of mine.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:00 PM

thanks sjd -- it was mostly a curiosity thing. I wasn't paying attention to things for a long time. Although I did know that people were foreclosing and the like. I really wanted to see if it was happening in my subdivision. I searched and found every property in my subdivison and we had 2 foreclosures happen last year. I hope that's the end of it. Everyone else has been there several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs