Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 PM

173 posts, read 939,479 times

Advertisements

Good Evening Good People.

I am a very savvy short sale expert her in Raleigh, NC. I have worked atleast 10 short sales this year with NO PROBLEMS up until now.

Scenario:
A seller currently has a 1st ad 2nd mortgage. The 1st lien holder has sent me (the agent) a SS approval letter that states the seller is NOT responsible for the difference. He will however receive a 1099. But the 2nd lienholder has also sent me an approval letter, but her letter states that her bank (BB&T) wants a promisary note for the difference around 25K. I know the seller doesnt have 25k to pay the loan back. He can barely afford keeping gas in his car (NOT OUR FAULT--I KNOW). I just wanted to paint a picture.

I have a buyer who is ready to purchase the home, but I dont think the seller will be able to sell under those above mentioned terms.

Can I work with the bank to have them forgive the promisary note amount?
Can the sellers get on the phone with the banks to get the amount erased?

or

Is this a DEAD DEAL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 11:46 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,986 times
A couple of the banks are doing this now. I have one with Regions where they are saying the same thing. I had one in the past that the first bank, after being told the 2nd wasn't budging, started to negotiate it out with the second. That deal went through...the 1st coughed up some to the second and the buyer came up with another $5K so the 2nd signed off on it.
Depends on the bank. Have you told the first what is going on? They may assist. And yes, the seller, if they can bare to do it, can call the bank themselves. Or their attorney may be able to assist.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,444,869 times
An attorney is their best chance. An attorney will explain options like getting the deal closed and filing bk, or filing bk now and then close, or letting the 1st foreclose and the 2nd has to sue for a deficiency...

lots of options. Get your person to a local bk attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs