Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM

35 posts, read 107,142 times

Advertisements

I heard on the news a while back that Northern Colorado was trying to bring an In N Out burger to the area. Anyone know if this is still in the plans? Is there going to be an In n Out coming to the front range any time soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,477 times
Whenever I hear the name of this place I think of Kevin Kline (and Barbara Streisand).

Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 AM

346 posts, read 482,513 times
Been there and wholeheartedly agree. Overrated.
An international foodie's annual list of the year's best (and worst) food - The Denver Post

Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,563,356 times
The following is even worse out on the West coast. I also do not get it, I've been there a few times, definitely nothing impressive, average at best. There are regional chains in both Seattle and Portland which are better.
I think it's just a nostalgia thing for Californians.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess10 View Post
The following is even worse out on the West coast. I also do not get it, I've been there a few times, definitely nothing impressive, average at best. There are regional chains in both Seattle and Portland which are better.
I think it's just a nostalgia thing for Californians.
As a California resident, I would have to agree. I think that the burgers are decent and definitely better than McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., Wendy's, etc. However, keep in mind this is still fast food! I've had much better burgers at places like Chili's, Red Robin and even Five Guys. To put it on par with one of those places or even better (like a Houston's) is just not accurate. I'll go there when I'm in a rush and need some decent fast food, but its not the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 AM

45 posts, read 184,356 times
In N Out is overrated. I would go to Wendy's over them. There is a new place in Windsor called STUFT.. Also have a location in Ft Collins.. Consider themselves a "burger bar" Probably the best one I've had, you can get about anything you want on them, made anyway you choose..

Old 05-17-2012, 08:20 AM

95 posts, read 290,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Bit View Post
In N Out is overrated. I would go to Wendy's over them.

Your wrong... That is all. In N Out for its price takes a dump on every fast food chain in foco (especially the garbage Wendy's serves, apparently you don't like food?), the only thing that can compete is big al's but it costs 2x as much.

No but they are talking about bringing one to Denver in the next few years. the biggest barrier is the locally sourced meat that in n out uses, all of their meat is NEVER frozen, so it can only have a reach of so many miles before the meat is no longer fresh, so far the furthest it goes is the phoenix metro area and the SW corner of utah. So as soon as they find a source of meat here in CO you might see In n out popping up all over the mid west.

But srsly Wendys > In n Out... i hope smoking crack is treating you well.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledjar View Post
Your wrong... That is all. In N Out for its price takes a dump on every fast food chain in foco (especially the garbage Wendy's serves, apparently you don't like food?), the only thing that can compete is big al's but it costs 2x as much.

No but they are talking about bringing one to Denver in the next few years. the biggest barrier is the locally sourced meat that in n out uses, all of their meat is NEVER frozen, so it can only have a reach of so many miles before the meat is no longer fresh, so far the furthest it goes is the phoenix metro area and the SW corner of utah. So as soon as they find a source of meat here in CO you might see In n out popping up all over the mid west.

In-N-Out built a processing plant near Amarillo to facilitate moving into the Dallas-Fort Worth area 2 years ago. Amarillo is roughly halfway between DFW and Denver. Having a plant there also gives them access to OKC, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Lubbock.

I wouldn't be surprised if they open up shop along the Front Range within the next 5 years.

That being said, I wouldn't even put them in my Top 5 for the same reason I wouldn't put Pizza Hut on my favorites list. There's enough grease on one of their burgers to lube an entire fleet of semis. In-N-Out is an apt description for how the food progresses through your digestive tract.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM

95 posts, read 290,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
In-N-Out built a processing plant near Amarillo to facilitate moving into the Dallas-Fort Worth area 2 years ago. Amarillo is roughly halfway between DFW and Denver. Having a plant there also gives them access to OKC, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Lubbock.

I wouldn't be surprised if they open up shop along the Front Range within the next 5 years.

That being said, I wouldn't even put them in my Top 5 for the same reason I wouldn't put Pizza Hut on my favorites list. There's enough grease on one of their burgers to lube an entire fleet of semis. In-N-Out is an apt description for how the food progresses through your digestive tract.
your right! In-N-Out Burger to open restaurants in Texas - Fast Food Maven : The Orange County Register

I guess my info is a bit out of date. However wouldn't say the food is that bad, it far exceeds any fast food I've had with the exception of Krystal or white castle.. . . . But i'm a big slider fan.

I've gone coast to coast trying out regional fast foods and i still feel in n out is easily the best fast food restaurant on the western half of the US. Wile the frys aren't the best i'll admit that, the burgers are undefeatable in terms of fast food. The double double packs a great beef paddy with the best cheese and sauce that I've ever had in fast food.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:26 AM

45 posts, read 184,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledjar View Post

It's "you're" wrong, not your...

The time we had it, the burger was over cooked, still greasy as hell and the bun tasted stale so in that case, I would eat anything at Wendy's before I would have that again.. I do enjoy "good" food and am a huge burger fan. I am picky with what I eat, I do not enjoy the grease and fat filled crap that I got from in and out.. It was not good, at all.

Really? If someone has a subjective opinion that is different than yours, they are smoking crack? I think all that grease and fat you’re consuming at In N out is making you high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area