Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM

10 posts, read 33,823 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Washington DC, Maryland and NJ -- all areas with lots of diverse populations & high crime.
Crime in Greeley??
-- yes there is some, but it is a safe town. Use ordinary common sense

UNC is a great school. Greeley a nice community. My daughter went there recently and I went 30 years ago. I never worried about her there as I did when we lived near DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 04:01 AM

296 posts, read 802,759 times
It is sad to see that the police are slow to react to crime and I suspect that this is something that is going to get worse as state and local tax revenues decrease.

When I flew into Denver a couple of months ago, there was a policeman patrolling the passenger pickup area. We were waiting for my daughter to pick us up and got talking to this young policeman. He said he was a Denver cop but since the Feds pay his salary when he works at the airport, his employer sends him to the airport instead of working in Denver. Naturally, the people of Denver are losing out because their police officers are not patrolling their streets.

So what happens when people do not have adequate support from their local police force? I suppose people will be forced to take the law into their own hands. As the US economic situation gets worse (and it will since the jobs have shifted overseas), the decrease in law and order will get pretty damn ugly.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
I've lived in Greeley for the better part of a decade now and i'm about to 20. I went to Heath middle school and Greeley Central High school. Greeley as a whole isn't the greatet place to live but i have never once been any gang related incident and the peope who are involved with it don't other you unless you think your better hen everyone and look down on people from the east side of Greeley. The gang problem won't effect anyone who isn't out looking fo trouble and minds there own business. As fr the girl jogging with her friend, she probably was running in a darker part of town which wasn't a great idea. Other then that, i've had a real good time in Greeley. And i'm a blonde haired sports playin' white boy. Who lives in the east side of town.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,149 times
I actually transferred from CU Boulder to UNC and I am so happy that I did. I transferred for my major, but I feel much safer in Greeley than I did in Boulder. I had someone steal from me three times in Boulder, but I have never met anyone who is anything less than helpful since arriving in Greeley.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,692 times
Greeley is a place i know all to well. And if you dont know the streets in greeley you dont go there greeley dont have a good side of town its all bad gangs are at a all time high. And if you are a girl you really need to be careful. I lived in greeley for 20 year and than moved cause its good so bad in greeley. Greeley is not your lil sweet town it is full of gang drugs and very mean people. So if you dont know how to get by in that kinda life i would not let your kids go to college there. 2006 about 10 college kids was on a peace march and one of them got kill for knocking a the door of a gang mambers house and it all cause his was in blue. And dont think that the cops are there for you cause they are not what so ever. So from someone who lived there for 20 year //find a new college

Old 11-29-2011, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,692 times
if you go the the news paper in greeley and look at 2006 it will tall you everything you need to know about greeley

Old 12-11-2011, 09:21 PM

767 posts, read 1,321,703 times
I don't have any experiance in the town, but this is what I was told. When I was in high school we had several hispanic families move from Greeley into town because of job transfers. I soon made friends with one of the kids and they talked about how they had to live in a trailer with rats and holes in the roof and how a few miles arround their trailer it was pretty bad. Then I found out that my sisters boyfriend lives there with a parrent during the summer and asked him if what my friend said was true. He said this "Greeley is pretty much one giant ghetto trailer park with a dead mall and random paches of nice houses." I have never been there so please don't attack me if you don't like what former/current residents told me.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:28 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
I don't have any experiance in the town, .... He said this "Greeley is pretty much one giant ghetto trailer park with a dead mall and random paches of nice houses." I have never been there so please don't attack me if you don't like what former/current residents told me.
I've been to Greeley many times and can assure you that it is NOT what your friend said it was. Come see for yourself.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,842 times
Greeley has always been looked down the nose by people from Fort Collins/Loveland and Boulder. Why? Blue-Collar town (the college notwithstanding), lots of drive-till-you-qualify subdivisions, and far from the mountains. Plus it's got that "cowtown" stereotype with the Montfort (now ConAgra) meat processing plant in town.

The City-Data crime rate at 286 (in 2010) is not all that different from that of Fort Collins (240). There were some crime spikes in years past, but all in all I think crime in Greeley is not as much of a problem as those who make it out to be -- I think some are more put off by its blue-collar image than by actual crime.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
Default The Butthole of Colorado

Greeley is a destination for the citizenship impaired in Colorado. There is a large number of illegal Hispanics who depend on illegal activities to thrive. Illegal Hispanics are very organized and face very little prosecution due to the incompetence of the several police organizations. Hard drugs rule the streets and crime is rampant thefts is very common and can be expected. Addicts use UNC to steal goods and money in every way possible. The ONLY thing positive about Greeley is the teaching program at the university (and that's because of its reputation as a Normal school( Jacksonian government)). Don't be fooled! Greeley is a den of crime and abuse brought on by a social class that has NO pride in our country and wants nothing but vice and dependence. Stay away! Greeley is a festering disease in our society! Please do not support the city in anyway shape or form unless it is to take the power from the gangs and drug lords! Save your children from Greeley!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area