Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
I don't have any experiance in the town, but this is what I was told. When I was in high school we had several hispanic families move from Greeley into town because of job transfers. I soon made friends with one of the kids and they talked about how they had to live in a trailer with rats and holes in the roof and how a few miles arround their trailer it was pretty bad. Then I found out that my sisters boyfriend lives there with a parrent during the summer and asked him if what my friend said was true. He said this "Greeley is pretty much one giant ghetto trailer park with a dead mall and random paches of nice houses." I have never been there so please don't attack me if you don't like what former/current residents told me.
I don't think I have ever even seen a rat not kept as a pet in Greeley, as for the trailer park concept you friend is also lying on that part of it, I think there are considerably more trailer parks in Fort Collins then there are in Greeley, as last I heard greeley only had about 3 in total.

Greeley is really 3 cities, you have the east/ north side of town which can be pretty bad, you have the college and the college kids in the center of town, and then you have to quiet good family area in the western areas of town. Now the 3 intermingle, but if you stay away from drugs and the gang lifestyle you really do not have all that much to worry about.

One thing people need to realize is that the Greeley tribune does not hide the Greeley crime, the Coloradoan in Fort Collins is known to ignore crimes constantly, so you cannot go off of newspaper reports, but instead actually do some real research on actual crime stat websites.

Personally I would live in Greeley over fort collins if not for the schools. Greeley schools while improving are not all that good right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 PM

15 posts, read 17,624 times
You are correct, we do have a large illegal population here in Greeley. Drug crimes, seem to be on the rise. We also have a large influx of Somalians being brought here to work in the meat packing plant. (I guess they could not find American workers for those job)
I was born and raised here. I cannot believe how bad this town has become. Time to relocate.

Greeley=Sanctuary City!!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM

45 posts, read 184,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfriday222 View Post
You are correct, we do have a large illegal population here in Greeley. Drug crimes, seem to be on the rise. We also have a large influx of Somalians being brought here to work in the meat packing plant. (I guess they could not find American workers for those job)
I was born and raised here. I cannot believe how bad this town has become. Time to relocate.

Greeley=Sanctuary City!!
Truth.. I've always lived in Windsor, my current office is in Greeley, I would never live here, even on the "west or good side" of town.. I have 2 friends who work for GPD, one of which is swat.. They tell me a lot of what is going on in this town and it is down right scary.. Local government won't allow the Tribune to publish 75% of what they get word of and there is also dozens of cases a week that are kept within the department..

City officials let illegals run rampant in Greeley. If they ever attempt any ICE or sting operations, they are labeled as racists, then get threats of not getting voted in, death threats to family, etc.. Pathetic cowards who won't do anything about it because they will get "called" or accused of something they are not. They also hide a lot from the public which is also dangerous.. If most of our law obeying citizens, who work here, live here, send their kids to school here knew what was "really" going on they would either see more families calling for the heads of city officials and OR leave this city.. Yes, it is getting "that bad"

/rant

Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Bit View Post
Truth.. I've always lived in Windsor, my current office is in Greeley, I would never live here, even on the "west or good side" of town.. I have 2 friends who work for GPD, one of which is swat.. They tell me a lot of what is going on in this town and it is down right scary.. Local government won't allow the Tribune to publish 75% of what they get word of and there is also dozens of cases a week that are kept within the department..

City officials let illegals run rampant in Greeley. If they ever attempt any ICE or sting operations, they are labeled as racists, then get threats of not getting voted in, death threats to family, etc.. Pathetic cowards who won't do anything about it because they will get "called" or accused of something they are not. They also hide a lot from the public which is also dangerous.. If most of our law obeying citizens, who work here, live here, send their kids to school here knew what was "really" going on they would either see more families calling for the heads of city officials and OR leave this city.. Yes, it is getting "that bad"

/rant
You think Fort Collins is any better? The crime rate between the 2 cities is not much different, and the coloradoan covers much less of the crime then the Tribune, hell the Loveland paper publishes more of the crime in Fort Collins then the Coloradoan.

Fact is neither city is as safe or as bad as people think, but if either paper reported the whole truth both cities could be cleaned up pretty quickly.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
When I went to UNC back in the 80s even then there was a clear division line across the City. One side College and low crime the other side of North and East stay out of. It did appear to be a huge population of illegals. I don't remember Collins having that problem?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:41 PM

45 posts, read 184,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You think Fort Collins is any better? The crime rate between the 2 cities is not much different, and the coloradoan covers much less of the crime then the Tribune, hell the Loveland paper publishes more of the crime in Fort Collins then the Coloradoan.

Fact is neither city is as safe or as bad as people think, but if either paper reported the whole truth both cities could be cleaned up pretty quickly.
Yes, Ft Collins is better and safer.. There is lots of "crime" in both towns, relatively speaking. What the major difference is what "type" of crime. I also have a friend on FCPD, one on the CSU PD and my good friends daughter and son-in-law both work for FT Sheriff's office so I get to hear all the good stuff..

When everyone compares stories with what is going on in each town, it is scary with what goes on in Greeley / Evans.. Murders, stabbings, rape cases, domestic violence, child abuse, huge drug busts, daily car thefts, etc.. Sure you could hear of a murder or stabbing in Ft Collins, but it is more rare. You hear more about a drunken college student, or someones car windows got shot out..

Some of this might come down to what gets published however, in Greeley and Evans they are told what they can and can't put in the police reports, on air, tv, etc..

Huge difference.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 AM

43 posts, read 123,936 times
@ usa believer,

Man, sure you have some unguided, biased, effing messed up thinking.

I guess that the less than 5% with criminal records out of the 1million plus Obama has deported really support your point ain't it? (People, please do your research before spilling your undercovered fears towards racial diversity)

I guess it's not worth asking how the town is doing as most likely will get biased answers attacking the arrival of Jamaicans/Brazilians, etc....I guess the chicken plant has spinned its workers fortune wheel once again....who will it be? will it be the Peruvians? will it be the Egyptians? who will it be...who will it be? lol some messed up locals for sure....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area