Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2021, 02:51 PM

21 posts, read 60,707 times

Advertisements

Just wondering is anyone has experience with the music therapy program at CO. State? I’ve heard good things about it. I live in CA. looking to go back and finish undergrad but basically starting over as this is a specialized major. Ft. Collins looks pretty and environmentally diverse. I have driven past on my way to stop in Denver to see Broncos game on road trip. Can anyone tell me more about the program and Ft. Collins? Would I be able to find part time job while going to school? Thanks for info.
Male in my thirties so not looking at Greek life,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 08:28 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptherideimayhurl View Post
Ft. Collins looks pretty and environmentally diverse.
I'd have to disagree. It's very dry, and looses color that would happen otherwise if it rained (which is a rare occurrence). The skies tend to be blue, so color there, but much of the year the scenery is brown. It can get very cold too (overnight it was below zero double digits). It's a small town too is you're familiar with larger and more active (and more diverse) towns in CA. Might be a step back for you. Visit first and take a close look before seriously considering.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:53 AM

6,814 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'd have to disagree. It's very dry, and looses color that would happen otherwise if it rained (which is a rare occurrence). The skies tend to be blue, so color there, but much of the year the scenery is brown. It can get very cold too (overnight it was below zero double digits). It's a small town too is you're familiar with larger and more active (and more diverse) towns in CA. Might be a step back for you. Visit first and take a close look before seriously considering.
As for the brownness you refer to, that would be Colorado in general when compared to some other parts of the country due to less precipitation. And as for the cold (last night below zero double digits) - that is a huge swath of the country right now and not unique or particularly characteristic of Ft. Collins but rather a fairly rare drop of polar cold down to these latitudes.

I wonder if anyone can answer the specific questions about the program, or the job market? Personally I would guess you could find some kind of part time work but I don't really know about Ft. Collins specifically at this point in time.

I went to CSU years ago and I think it has grown a lot since then. It does seem to get more snow a lot of times than the southern part of the Front Range. The school as a whole had a lot of options and opportunities then due to its size alone, which should generally still be true. And they've invested a fair amount of money into renovations and improvements of the school consistently over time.

As for environmental diversity - I think what you may be referring to would be a characteristic of being along the Front Range - so where prairie meets mountain, which does indeed provide pretty quick access to some different kinds of habitat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
View detailed profiles of: