Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 11,249 times

Advertisements

i'm a CSU student, and i do not have a car.

for a very complicated and non-negotiable reason, i need to get to Denver as soon as possible.

i've been searching public transit options for a while, so i know there's no direct route.

Transfort transfers to COLT, which can take me to Loveland. from there, though, i don't know how to get to Longmont, which is the furthest the Denver RTD will go. there seems to be a breakdown in between Longmont and Loveland, unfortunately.

i'm willing to go out of the way - say, FoCo to Boulder/Greeley - in order to make my way to Longmont (or, better yet, directly to Denver), but i don't know how to do so.

this will not be regular thing - i only need to get there and back once.

i looked into getting a taxi, but it would cost me $178 just to get there. no way do i have money like that, so i'm kind of stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naclides View Post
i'm a CSU student, and i do not have a car.

for a very complicated and non-negotiable reason, i need to get to Denver as soon as possible.

i've been searching public transit options for a while, so i know there's no direct route.

Transfort transfers to COLT, which can take me to Loveland. from there, though, i don't know how to get to Longmont, which is the furthest the Denver RTD will go. there seems to be a breakdown in between Longmont and Loveland, unfortunately.

i'm willing to go out of the way - say, FoCo to Boulder/Greeley - in order to make my way to Longmont (or, better yet, directly to Denver), but i don't know how to do so.

this will not be regular thing - i only need to get there and back once.

i looked into getting a taxi, but it would cost me $178 just to get there. no way do i have money like that, so i'm kind of stuck.
Thinking that if there's no other way, you could take an airport shuttle from Ft. Collins to DIA, and then RTD to your destination. (I know of Shamrock and Super Shuttle, perhaps there are more?)

Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 AM

345 posts, read 973,968 times
Where in Denver do you need to get to?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 11,154 times
i'm a CSU student too and i'd like to go to denver too because i' m fan CA. i would like to watch the match of CA VS Detroit red wings. where can I take the bus to Denver?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Others have mentioned the Airport shuttle.

I would recommend the Greyhound Bus. There are multiple buses each day from the transit station in downtown Fort Collins (250 N Mason) to the Greyhound terminal in downtown Denver (1055 19th St). From downtown Denver, you can take RTD buses to anywhere in Denver.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 PM

10 posts, read 33,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

I would recommend the Greyhound Bus. There are multiple buses each day from the transit station in downtown Fort Collins (250 N Mason) to the Greyhound terminal in downtown Denver (1055 19th St). From downtown Denver, you can take RTD buses to anywhere in Denver.
I would agree- my son has taken the greyhound form FC to Denver several times. It will take you right to downtown Denver.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

I want to add to my post that you would have to walk from the Greyhound to Market Street Station or to another bus/light-rail stop to catch RTD. The AF (airport) is the only RTD bus that actually stops at the Greyhound station. But as long as it isn't real late at night (2AM) I feel comfortable on those streets, personally. Just be street smart. It is a city.

Other option is to catch a cab at the Greyhound station.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,568 times
I'm trying to get to the Butterfly Pavillion. Does anyone know,, or would anyone know where that is at??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area